Kitty Paw Paw

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anstarx

Reaction score
I've had this mold since I just started soaping. My first attempt with it was back in 2019, but those toe beans proved to be more difficult to pour than I thought. I also chose to use madder root since I only used natural colorants back then, making a mess of red brown and white.
This time, instead of pouring the pink soap batter, I made a tiny batch and piped them in like frosting. I would like the color to be a bit stronger but the pastel color worked alright.
paw paw.png

The FO is children' s room from NG. It smells lovely, but it will accelerate and rice.
The frosting was accelerated from the tiny bit of FO I added so the toe beans weren't very smooth. I count myself lucky that only one toe bean out of the 32 (8 paws from the mold) fell off when unmolding, and I somehow managed to glue it back on with water. I made my white batter watery thin when adding FO and it went smoother.

. I count myself lucky that only one toe bean out of the 32 (8 paws from the mold) fell off when unmolding, and I somehow managed to glue it back on with water.
10 10 10.gif
Keep up the good work! You might want to try using alcohol to "glue" pieces back together.

Does alcohol works better in gluing pieces together? Asking for future projects ;)
Alcohol has the ability to "melt" soap, so I would say it's better than water to glue pieces together. I always have a spray bottle handy when soaping. (I use 70% isopropyl) It's useful for spraying down foam that sometimes rises up in LS, or when filling bottles, for spraying between layers, spritzing the top for a smooth look. It's used in M&P before pouring into intricate molds.

Latest posts

Back