Sweet Cakes - YUM!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've just checked my credit card and my order (that Im still waiting for) from heirloom averaged out to be $25 per 100ml bottle!!!! (this includes postage and exchange rate) holley cow thats expensive.

NCS works out to be about $17.00.

big difference eh? hmmmpphhh the selection on NCS site is a bit limited and I wanted a chocolate. This is getting pretty pricy.

Any one know of any other supplier that sells great foodie type frag at a good price and ships to NZ?

I checked out big tree, but at there prices it would prop end up more than heirloom.

I so wish we had a local supplier of SC or BB :cry:

MizzBee said:
Soaped the Egyptian musk last night and 'soap on a stick'... love the scent but hated working with it, suprisingly Green Tea is smelling more pleasant for me now and love the way it soaped...easy peasy, could be added to my favorites list :)

Good eh? love green tea!

busymakinsoap! said:
MizzBee said:
Soaped the Egyptian musk last night and 'soap on a stick'... love the scent but hated working with it, suprisingly Green Tea is smelling more pleasant for me now and love the way it soaped...easy peasy, could be added to my favorites list :)

Good eh? love green tea!

Yes! Sorry to hear about your shipping costs. What about ASS? They have a great chocolate.

I've bought a few FO's from Sweet Cakes and have used three of them and loved them!

Coconut Lemongrass - well behaved - agree it smells better from the bottle, but still yummie in my soap.
Cool Water for Men - well behaved - an absolute favourite. My hubby used to wear this ... and these soaps ... well they smell so like him!
Sandalwood Vanilla - well behaved - love the brown colour my soap has gone. This smell seems to be getting better and better ... love it!

I'm yet to use -
Christmas Spice - the bottle has a great spicy smell, although it doesn't seem very strong.
Lilac - ummm ... the bottle smell seems really strong ... not really my smell.
Passionfruit and Guava - smells yummie from the bottle.

Any advice on these three?

Sandalwood Vanilla sounds great, how dark is your soap Dragonkaz?
Cool Water is next on my list and I'd love to try Masculine musk even though I do love the smell of the Egyptian musk but what a nightmare!

A nice tan brown. The colour started changing quite quickly.

I mixed two containers with colour ... one had white lustre mica and the other black lustre mica. Then did an ITP swirl in the soap batter that had the sandalwood vanilla FO in it. Has a great marbled look from a deep grey/silver through to a creamy tan.

I must take a photo ... I've been slack taking photos. I take pics with my phone and upload them to my facebook page ... but I can't do that here ... ****!

I just woke up to a nice little surprise on my door step - my SC shipment has arrived WHOOP WHOOP! Its gonna be a busy weekend.

I picked some real goodies this time - I am sooooo excited.

Initial reaction:

True rose - wow!! Excactly like a rose, it seems to have quite a bit of depth to it - start of the sniff its like 'oh yeah, thats good' part way through the sniff its like 'omg it smells so real'

Cinnamon Hazelnut Coffee - yummo, not a real strong coffee smell but smells very much like freshly baked cinamon rolls.

Cocolate - WAHOO - delish, smells all gooey and cake mixturish

Vera Wang - OMG OMG OMG This is beautifull, it smells so much like the real thing. you could keep it an wear it as a purfume. I brought it for a soap swap, I dont wanna give it a way!

Applejack and peel - its not as tarty as I thought it would be. First smell is cinamon and then in the background there is an apple smell, but its more of an apple lollie. Doesnt seem like a very strong fragrance - but still yum.

Sandalwood and vanilla - I wanted another vanilla after trying 'vanilla lace' whic is a nightmare to soap with. This one is beautiful, I think it smells much more perfumy than the lace version. Georgeous.

O.K off to have a shower and then I'm gonna get busy making soap!

Busymakingsoap ... your new FO's sound divine. I'm looking forward to you sharing how they soap ... have fun!

MizzBee I checked my notes today and I confused the FO's Dragon's Blood and Sandalwood Vanilla ... sorry. Sandalwood Vanilla (SC) has changed the colour slightly and the change came about slowly. The gorgeous Dragon's Blood (BB) soap I made has now darked to a deep timber colour ... love it and love the smell!

I soaped Christmas Spice last weekend ... it turned my oils the most beautiful caramel colour ... and then sped to trace. Think I wasted time watching the beautiful colour change ... so have made a note to work more quickly next time. I swirled in some sparkling merlot mica and gold mica and they can be seen a little now that the soap has been cut.

The smell is interesting ... at the moment it reminds me of pineapples and strawberries, whereas before I thought it was more earthy and spicy. I won't be surprised if it changes again.

Happy so far!

You mentioned earlier that you were looking for a good mango. Fresh Mango from BB is great and mixed with their Kumquat is like scent nirvana.

I soaped Dragon's Blood from BB and one other place and both have gone to near black over time, but people love the fragrance!

Lucky lucky girl! Soap spree coming!!

newbie said:
I soaped Dragon's Blood from BB and one other place and both have gone to near black over time, but people love the fragrance!
My BB Dragon Blood soap is getting darker and darker and I'm loving the colour. I put some gold mica swirls through the soap and they still are showing up ... making the soap look even better.

I soaped SC Egyptian Musk last night (against my better judgement). Put the FO in with the oils and used a whisk and it seemed ok but then I used the stick blender and it all went to poo. Strange reaction. Not your typical soap on a stick but I ended up with big lumps that set like concrete amid sloppy stuff. I couldn't stick blend it out so I put it on the stove, added extra 100ml of water and mashed it with potato masher (once it has warmed up and softened a bit) and ended up being able to use the stick blender after 5 minutes and glopped it into mould. So disgusted. :roll:

My latest:

Apple Jack and Peel - even better in soap than in the bottle, has a real tart smell to it now, mixed with lovely cinamon. No accelleration, although I thought there were some lumps forming as I poored, but on cutting all good. Dont think it discoloured, but I coloured

Hazelnut cinimon coffee- my fav at the mo. It is delish. Scent has faded a wee bit, but it smells so real. Dont know about accelleration as I added GM. I also coloured.

True rose - lovely! No discolouration or acceleration and it soaps like a dream. I dont like florals, but I like this one.

Sandalwood and vanilla - was my fav, but now it kinda smells plasticy - a bit dissapointed, will see how it goes.

Chocolate - no accelleration but does discolour. lovely smell very life like. A keeper.

I soaped Cappuccino Hazelnut from NCS a couple of weeks ago and it smells wonderful. I'm hoping I can ask NCS to get the chocolate SW one in as its quite dear at Heirloom for the quantity you get.

Im trying to place an order with NCS and their site is down, only temp I hope.

I wish NCS has a bigger range. Ive been looking at bramble berry from aussie soap supplies, would be nice to order from one supplier, minimum of $150 order though :? ($196 nz)

Actually Im visiting Oz in September, going to brisbane though - does anyone know of any suppliers in that area?

Latest posts

Back