Sweet Cakes - YUM!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bigtreesupplies.com are in Qld, but I'm not sure how far they are from Brisbane and they don't allow a pick up from reading their site.
NCS is back on line, just been in there. Thats a bit dear for a minimum order,its $40 minimum here.
Maybe you could put your order in and have it delivered to Brisbane while your here and take it home with you.

Thanks ... it's great to have choice ... but I get confused comparing the prices of NCS, Aussie Soap Supplies and Heirloom. Plus there's the difference of similar named fragrances of Sweet Cakes (NCS and Heirloom) and Bramble Berry (Aussie Soaps).

This is probably a question that can't be answered easily ... but for those of you have been able to compare the same fragrances made by Sweet Cakes and Bramble Berry ... have you been finding that Sweet Cakes is providing a more preferred smell?

I have no idea ... as I'm mixing where I buy FO's ... with three favourites being Bramble Berry and three different favourites from Sweet Cakes ... but for the ones that are available at both supplies, I've not compared them.

I soaped 'Sweet Pea' today and thought it deserves a mention. Its described on the web as being old fashioned, so I was a bit concerned, plus the fact that Im not a huge floral fan - but it is beautiful!

I dont think its old fashioned at all, it has a kind of shampoo smell. Really nice, the best SC floral I have tried.

DH smelt it today and says 'ah thats more like it' he rarely comments on the smell of my soap, so I'm guessing he either doesnt like any of my others, or this one is very good :wink:

Slight accelleration, but still enough time to do a 3 colour in the pot swirl. Dont know about discolouring as coloured. Took ages to heat up in the mold but once it did it got pretty hot, so keep an eye on it

Dh, doesn't say much about my soap either, I asked after he came out of the shower last night - did you like my soap ? I got - its just soap :shock: :( .

Relle9 said:
Dh, doesn't say much about my soap either, I asked after he came out of the shower last night - did you like my soap ? I got - its just soap :shock: :( .

Oh my gosh, I can so relate! It doesn't matter what scent I shove under my husband's nose and ask, "what does this smell like?", his reply is always the same, "smells like soap!" gah!!

I soaped SC Frangi Pani last night, it accelerated but was OK, I put in some liquid colour and that turned out quite smooth, but the natural soap riced slightly. I'm not so sure it smells of Frangi though - it might cure differently.

The other day I soaped with Sea Spice. Smells nice in the bottle, I used 50grams per kg, it is now very faint.

Its nice, but I had to double check that I used the right FO as it now smells kinda fruity, like melon.

I wouldnt say it is a manly smell, prob unisex, but not spicy, or like the sea.

It acellerates (I have yet to find a mens fo that doesnt), not time for a swirl so I layered.

Will see how the scent goes after cure.

SC has some of the best oils that I have ever used. Their blueberry is to die for. I also just soaped Morning Marigold over the weekend. What a great scent! It does not smell like marigolds though, so I will rename it.

I used cucumber and melon the other day. The BEST perfoming FO ever, I think it actually slowed down trace.

Perfect fragrance for tricky swirls (I'm going to attempt a column with it one day soon :D )

Smells beautiful. Strong smelling but not overpowering.

Also - an update on my sea spice - now a lot more manly, def spice smell, but very light, nice though.

I have to hand it to SC, I've tried about 25 of their scents now and there
is only 1 that seized (Egyptian musk) and 2 that have really accellerated (Vanilla Lace and Masculine Musk). Pretty good odds I reakon

:lol:

Can someone please tell me what the BTS, SW and NTS are? I am pretty sure that BB is Bramble Berry and SC is Sweet Cakes... (Sorry, still pretty new to soaping and not sure of all the abbreviations! THANKS! :)

I've soaped with true rose - smells wonderful but has faded some.

My True Rose soap smells amazing and has not faded at all. I always anchor with a bit of patch. That said, Sweet Cakes is my favorite supplier. I have never had customers react to scents the way that they do to SC's scents. Many SC's scents are staples of mine- including True Rose. I also soap Musk with no issues and both genders love it. I have only had one AWFUL issue with SC's oils and that was from the Cocoa Butter fragrance oil. I think it is the worst oil that I have ever soaped and I reported it to SC's years ago. The result was a burned stinky mess that I have never encountered before.

So, no one's done a lot of testing between the same fragrances offered by both BB & SC?

So far the only ones that both offer that I'm interested in are Drakkar type, bay rum, & rose. However, it really sounds as though rose by SC is a true winner. And since bay rum from BB is so weak, I'm pretty sure the SC version is going to be better. Either case, I'll get back to the forum about Drakkar & BR and how they compare when I get my SC shipment in.

Anyone compared the red rose to the true rose?

Back