Surfactant Based Shaving Soap - Is it possible?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha, thank you! Yes a shaving product :D As for the properties, I'm wondering if it isn't possible to attain all the properties of a proper shaving soap? Using stearic acid, glycerine, cetyl alcohol, SCI/SLS/SLSA and, say kokum butter? Is the stable lather something that comes from the saponification process?

It's not the stearic acid itself necessarily, but rather potassium or sodium stearate. I think you'd have to play with and learn a lot about surfactant based products with and without added fats/free fatty acids to see what it can bring.

I agree with TEG, you will need to do a lot of testing and tweaking to see what you can come up with. Keep us posted on your progress and results. Good luck!

I'd love that. Would be interested to see what can come out from it to be honest. As we know, you CAN shave with a lot of things, including the Castile slime. So I'm fairly certain that surfactants could be used to make something for shaving with.

Back