Supporting a Tube Mold Upright

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It pays to be a packrat. I was trying to find something that would support in an upright position a paper towel tube filled with soap batter. That led me to my closet, where I keep a few boxes for insulating soaps. There was the box my stick blender came in, and inside of it, lo and behold, the original packaging to hold the blender upright! Actually there were two pieces of cardboard to keep it snug so I used the other one for a toilet paper roll. I put the paper towel tube backinto the sb box while it saponified. Pretty slick!

The other cool thing was that I found a tall graduated cup with a lid inside the same box. Apparently I was so excited when I got the sb that I didn't both unpacking everything that was inside the box!

tube holder.JPG

Haha brilliant, who says you need expensive equipment. Glad someone else holds on to empty boxes etc!!

I understand the local shopping experience may be different for everyone (I see you are in Alaska) but a hardware store will often have toilet flanges that work well:

1VNH8_AS01.JPG

In one of the videos I've watched a lady uses PVC pipe for the mold, which of course fits perfectly into that flange.

This info would have been great about 5 days ago lol. I actually throw everything away but a tall box is a nice idea for next time!

I had an old shipping box and some left over rock from an aquarium... I put the PVC in and fill rock around it. Pretty easy. I like the box idea though!

Tviv's, aren't you the one who used a pitcher with lentils in it? I thought that was a great idea. I love the toilet flange as well. I'm just picturing a buzzing crowd of soapers in plumbing talking excitedly while playing around with toilet flanges, testing them out, seeing how many PVC pipes they can jam in there and the store guy wondering who the aliens are.

Latest posts

Back