Super Blue Blood Moon on Wednesday

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Super Moon (full moon in closest orbit to Earth, bigger and brighter)
Blue Moon (second full moon in a month)
Blood Moon (full moon lunar eclipse)

All ... at ... once! :mrgreen:
(It's been 152 years since the last one)

If you get clear skies, can you take a picture and post it here?

There should be a few good spots around America for it (you get to see it early in the morning I think) ... bit of a world-wide event, this super blue blood moon!

@Lin19687 Yeah, the weather is a maybe where I am too ... fingers crossed the clouds clear for a moment.

@Relle I will probably set my alarm for this one :)

Bah, I got up and could kind of see it thru the trees, drove down the road and saw the full moon, but by the time it was 1/2 way the sun was up :(

I got a phone call in the middle of the night, telling me to go outside and have a look (and got sent some pictures to my phone).

It was surprisingly clear, which meant there was no reference point for photos as the moon was high in the sky - without clouds it looked like any other blood moon [which I like, and it was nice ... but no great photo op for me either])

Glad I got woken up tho, that was thoughtful of them. I could probably still get into position for a good moon-set photo, but I'm sure that that will be covered by someone with a really good camera set-up, so I'll just go look, and then browse some pictures later :)

I had a look at midnight, too many clouds, it was perfectly clear on Tuesday night. The news said the last time we had a red moon was 1982. I'll have to live past my life time to see the next one,:rolleyes: and that's not happening.

It was gorgeous. I get irritated trying to take pics of the moon, or sunsets/rises because my phone just never EVER does it justice, so I didn't even try this time, and now can kick myself. But yeah, so beautiful.

we had overcast , it was visible but just about it. I love moon and regret not seeing this incredible event

Latest posts

Back