Summer Bee Meadow Lye Calculator DOWN?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarisaJensen

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I'm a newbie here and also a newbie at making soaps. I've been relying on summerbeemeadow's lye calculator and recipe resize and the website seems to be down the past couple of days. I have no clue on how to calculate lye/water/oils etc by hand.

I've tried other soap calculators but find them difficult because some ask for water/lye percentage it doesn't already do it for you. Can anyone recommend an easy soap calculator and recipe resize to mold size and also point me to the right direction so that I can learn on how to calculate on my own. I'd like to learn but some people put some equations and acronyms that look like another language to me.

Thank you!

Marisa

Hi, and welcome!

SoapCalc is widely used here and you can leave the water/lye ratio as standard if you want to. Just follow it through by the numbers (which is a great help at learning, too) and presto! There are also some really good tips when you click on the numbers - not being mean by not walking you through it, but the information there is better than I can do, any day of the week.

If lye to water %/ratio is a problem for you, just leave it as the standard for now - but please post your recipe just in case less water would be better!

As for the acronyms, there is a great stickied post with a lot of them in. Soon it'll be second nature, and even The Admirable Lady knows what I mean when I say HP now. Again, not wanting to be a pain in the glutes, but it's easier for people to learn the acronyms than for regulars to type out everything fully all the time - it's not to be an exclusive club, but it just makes sense, even with the initial learning curve.

Enjoy soaping!

Last edited:
Found Summerbee Resizer

Hi, Group
After some playing around, I found out how to access the Summer Bee Meadow recipe resizer.
All you have to do is enter recipe into their lye calculator, then click. The next page will have the resizer on it!
Yay!! I thought it was gone!! :-D:-D:-D

Last edited:
Hi, Group
After some playing around, I found out how to access the Summer Bee Meadow recipe resizer.
All you have to do is enter recipe into their lye calculator, then click. The next page will have the resizer on it!
Yay!! I thought it was gone!! :-D:-D:-D

I was a HUGE fan of Summer Bee Meadow. I got in contact with the registrant of Summer Bee Meadow and this was the email I got back...

"Please forgive me. Something went awry at our server service, causing a continuous transaction loop that triggered a shutdown by the server.

Unfortunately, I have been very ill and unable to deal with it (or much else) for a while.

It will be back. I promise.

In the future, our soap calculators will also be available at a new website, SBMCrafters.com that I've been working on as able and will eventually be completed.

My health situation will be a problem in the future as well, but I will do the best I can to keep the SBM site running as able.

Regards,

Steve "

So it looks like the calculator will be up on the SBMCRafters.com website at some point.

Hope this helps.

Back