Sugar soap with 3 natural sugars

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terminatortoo

Reaction score
My sugar soap I made yesterday that I saw in one of the newest videos from Soap making 101, bottom layer is molasses middle layer maple syrup and top layer honey. In the video the honey came out the darkest but in mine the molasses is darker, maybe the brand has something to do with it. Moved from CP

IMG_1289.JPG

I like it. Interesting that your colours ended up different than the other. Maybe something to do with the different sugar contents?

I assume the colours are from the sugars being caramelized, so I would be interested to see what would happen if you took one batch in the freezer, and let one go through gel.

I like it. Interesting that your colours ended up different than the other. Maybe something to do with the different sugar contents?

I assume the colours are from the sugars being caramelized, so I would be interested to see what would happen if you took one batch in the freezer, and let one go through gel.

Here is the video link and it explains why each sugar makes a different color. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNVrCG12iNg I don't know about the lather yet but I shall find out when they are finished curing.

Very nice! I saw the video and was going to try this yesterday but didn't have molasses. So I did only one layer with honey and the rest plain. My honey turned out even lighter than yours.

Back