Sugar Scrub Cubes

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tangled_panda

Reaction score
So I've been gone for a while, haven't posted much on any forum lately.

I just started to blog again http://tangledpanda.blogspot.com

But I am super excited about these!!

100_1534-1.jpg

Scented with Apricot Freesia - I really want to eat them!

They are a new twist on an old favorite, Sugar Scrubs. No more putting your hand in a jar of a sugar slurry and having to worry about cross contaminating the scrub with shower water. Just take one cube into the bath/shower with you, squish it in your hand and lather away. It like a combination of sugar and a lotion like lather that feels great on the skin.

I made them with Goats Milk Soap and Loads of sugar, I have since tweaked the recipe to include Cocoa and Shea butter and OMG!! I am in love!!!!

I gave one to a co-worker to take to her daughter. . . well her son almost ate it, but her daughter loved it!

They look great!! the color is so pretty, I love it.

I've only tried with cornmeal because when I used sugar, the grains kept melting into my soap. I guess I will have to try that again! thanks for the inspiration :)

Gorgeous cubes tp - do you actually add the sugar while making the soap? Or rebatch it in later? Or is it an MP base? Sorry for all these questions....feel free to tell me 'trade secret' :wink:

Tanya :)

Thanks everyone :)

It is made with M&P
I haven't started selling them yet, but they will be online very soon.
But they should be listed this weekend. I'll update when they are.

I think that we are finally going to list stuff on etsy this weekend! Very excited.
BTW our etsy site is: www.lexiandjessie.etsy.com

cynsofdm said:
oh I wonder if this would work with Epsom or sea salt. I am weary of using sugar in the tub, but a salt bar sounds wonderful!!!

Not sure about salt, I chose sugar cause I use these before/after I shave. . . and salt would be painful!!

Somebody was selling solid sugar scrub cubes on etsy for a while. I went & did a search, but I don't see them now. They cut them with a crinkle cutter.

cynsofdm said:
oh I wonder if this would work with Epsom or sea salt. I am weary of using sugar in the tub, but a salt bar sounds wonderful!!!
You can make a "salt bar", with CP soap, just add 80% of your weight in oils in normal table salt to your batter at trace. The only thing is you have to up the coconut a fair bit because the salt kills the lather. Salt bars are great! I made some not too long ago and they are super great.
There is a good recipe at www.soap-making-essentials.com

Check it out!

Latest posts

Back