successfull rebatch

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaliChan

Reaction score
So I had around 4 pounds of soap scraps that I wasn't using for anything so I thought that I would rebath them and hand them out to my poor friends that are in college. I used 2 pounds of scraps and 2 pounds of oils (lard, coconut, hemp and castor)
Put in some TD, poppy seeds and sugar water and called it good. Much better than my last bath of "frankinstein" soap I dont think I'll be adding quite as many scraps as I did this time so they come out smoother. But at least my scrap bucket isnt quite as full :)
20130402_135711.jpg

Very nice looking! A scrap bucket for soap bits, why didn't I think of that??

How did you go about the rebatch? Crock pot?

I have lots of scraps and I'm too scared to rebatch them.. These look great though. My scraps are purple, green, etc so I'm afraid to mix them

@spiral touch: My scraps were all sorts of colors. I was really afraid of how it would turn out because all the scraps were different colors and half had milk in them, plus hemp oil is dark green. But they turned out well. I put the scraps In a crock pot and after they melted I added the extra oils and lye water.
Sugar, TD, and poppy seeds were added. After thr cooking was done. If your going to rebatch do something like this because if you just use scraps then your soap will be more likely to fall apart. (My first rebatch) and it looks like a sponge x.x

Thank you every one for the compliments :)

Wow, this is one of the best rebatch soaps i have ever seen! :clap: does it have a scent?

@rock&royalty: thank you :) but its not scented. I don't know how I forgot to put it in I was originally going to scent it with tea tree oil, eucalyptus, and peppermint but I guess I was just to tired when I was cooking it up.

It took about an hour to cook everything and after I molded it I put it in the freezer for an hour. Then another hour till I could cut it :)

Lovely job! I am saving soap scraps, also, but I sure don't have anywhere near pounds yet!:razz:

soap long enough, you will!! :) I probably have about 10-15lbs of colored scraps. It's what I use in my confetti soaps.
I don't rebatch unless I absolutely have too and have only had to twice. (knock on every wood known to man!) and have only had to immediately switch to HP because of a seized batch once.

Latest posts

Back