strong pink sugar?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdc

Reaction score
I am having a hard time with my pink sugar scent. It seems to take a ton more if that scent than it does for other scents to get any carry at all.

I have a liquid soap that I scent in the bottle, after the batches are done. This seems to work fine for most scents, but the pink sugar seems too soft to carry at all.

Any ideas? Are there some pink sugar suppliers that are stronger than others? Should I try "heating " the liquid (HP liquid soap) effectively rebatching it after adding the scent to activate it somehow???

Puzzling.

Thanks!

I have pink sugar from Snowdrift Farms and find it almost overwhelming. The soap isn't that old though, it's possible it may fade.

I have Pink Sugar from Scent Works and it's good and strong. I made a soap with it 2 weeks ago for a lady who doesn't like her scents very strong, so I only added a mere .3 oz ppo. Although the scent in my finished bars is light at this small level, it still comes through strong enough to give my soaps a pleasantly soft, sweet, vanilla smell. I'm sure if I used it at my usual .75 oz ppo, it would knock my socks off.

IrishLass :)

I got mine from naturesgarden. I wonder if it is just not strong.

I find the smell nauseating myself.....so not the best judge but in my liquid soap, it is just not strong.

Latest posts

Back