Storage Wars

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is anybody else watching this show? My first reaction was "Who'd want to watch a bunch of people bidding on storage lockers?"

Me. :oops:

I don't know what it is but I've become addicted to this show. I keep rooting for Barry. He doesn't seem to get the "good" lockers. :lol:

We watch. Barry is the best, though with all that money it's hard to feel sorry for him. We HATE Dave! Whatta jerk. Yeeuup. Makes me wanna smack him.

Thank you! I'm so glad I'm not the only one. :lol:

Yeah, Dave's a bit of a jerk but sometimes he can be nice and helpful. My sister & BIL are the ones who told me about the show. We talk about this show and my sister said she doesn't think Dave is as much of a jerk as he's depicted. She thinks it's to add drama to the show.

You've got to have tension and disputes; otherwise, it's not entertaining. :D

OMG I'm so glad we're not the only ones! LOL We're addicted! I wanna punch Dave in the nose... Yeeeuppppp ACK! haha

There's another one but I can't remember the name of it.. it's the one with Ton and another guy on it. We watch that one too, but Storage Wars is our fav!

Did either of you get to see Storage Wars Unlocked? I missed it but I guess that they got everyone to sit down and discuss the show. I bet it would have been interesting since it was more of a behind the scenes type of program.

eta: My sister & BIL do the Yep sound now. :lol:

LOL...our family watches too! And we do NOT like Dave!!! I hope in real life he's a much nicer guy....

Yes, he can be rude. Did you see the episode where he told an older woman he wouldn't bid against her. And then he did! :shock:

I won't mention what I shouted at the screen. :oops:

We cwatch sometimes, we did tonight. That married couple is gross.

I made a living for a couple years doing that & having a yard sales 2 weekends amonth in my early 20's. Didn't make a lot of money, enough for rent, beer and weekend roadtrips :oops: .

I started watching the unlocked show but fell asleep lol Must not have been too interesting!!!

I'll bet that there's alot more people actually going to these auctions now that these shows are popular!

You're probably right about more people going to auctions. I don't even know that storage companies would auction off lockers until this show came on.

i like the show. dave seems like an ass but that really could be editing that makes him out to be that bad.

barry however reminds me of someone i might know. he seems like a nice guy.

Barry does seem like a nice guy. I like his attitude. On one show, he commented that he lost money but he made a new friend. I thought that was a really positive way to look at it.

I think you're right about the editing possibly making Dave look nastier than he might be in real life. However, it is his livelihood so I would think he'd have to be a little ruthless to succeed.

I have noticed every once in awhile he does something nice for someone - usually it's Barry.

We HATE Dave! Whatta jerk. Yeeuup. Makes me wanna smack him

:D HAHA! I can totally hear him saying that!! So annoying!

I was watching it the other day, and my husband walks in and says "Do you think they plant those really unique finds in the lockers?". And now he's ruined it for me!!! Someone tell me it's not fixed!!!

I don't think it's fixed. Think of how unusual some of the items are that they found; for example, Olive Oyl's shoes from the movie "Popeye", the Eskimo pie doohickey, the Victorian cue stick holder, etc.

I really don't think it's fixed. Your husband was just being a Dave. :lol:

Back