spoons

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really. Some of my better ones I've given away to family-
I'll set up a "photo shoot". Is there a place on this site describing how to show photos? are they hyper text or direct upload etc.

Below each message box there is a link to image shack for uploading photos. That is what I use.

click "post reply" or "new post" or whatever and you will see it right below the box you type your response in.

Here is my attempt at posting pix

IMG_0659.jpg

IMG_0648.jpg

wow!!! beautiful!! what kind of tools do you use!?!?! I have always wanted to get into wood-carving .... you are quite skilled!

Thank you for your kind words. I scrounge for hardwood pallets for the wood. It's amazing what goes to the landfill.

I use chisels, gouges, sometimes a Dremel, scroll saw and lots and lots of sandpaper. The finish is mineral oil--it doesn't go rancid! I have tried walnut oil, but mineral oil works better IMHO.

I never know quite how the utensil will come out until I'm working with the wood. Sometimes it becomes fuel for the furnace because once the wood is cut and I begin to shape it, it cracks.

Latest posts

Back