Spiders

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jarvan

Reaction score
Ok, I have nothing against most avatars, but the tarantula avatar...dunno who it was that has it, but it grosses me out so bad I can't come into the forum until it goes away. Makes me sad. :cry:

I seriously cannot look at spiders, snakes or anything creepy.

Sorry, just had to say something.

I thought I was the only one freaked out by the tarantula. I scroll down fast. *shudders*

I don't know if you use Firefox or Internet Explorer or another browser, but AdBlock Plus for Firefox makes life on forums so much nicer. I have a good number of avatars and signature images adblocked, which means that I simply don't see them at all, it's as if they don't even exist. Might be something worth looking into for you, I swear by it as I find a lot of the animated images people like to use highly annoying.

Just an idea. :)

I run my browser through Safari on my mac. No luck with disabling avatars I am not offended by general stuff like pixies or kittens. But insects or stuff like that truly creeps me out.

jarvan, I was just kidding. Sorry it is upsetting you so. I have a humongus fear of snakes, so I know how you are feeling.

It scared the crap out of me the first time I saw it , seriously I gasped like I thought it was real . lol . I am scared of big hairy talking spiders .

Kitn

i have the same problem with animated avatars [not scaring me, just bothering me] because i have epilepsy and it makes concentrating a bit difficult.

i've tried to turn them off but i can't figure it out. i have to scroll by all posts with animated avatars and i'm sure i'm missing some really good info here because of it. :(

I am officially changing my avatar, I am sorry if I caused any distress to anyone. I never thought about epilepsy. Changing now!

If you use firefox you can simply right click on any image and select "Block all images from .... " No more offending images.

Deda said:
If you use firefox you can simply right click on any image and select "Block all images from .... " No more offending images.

i don't use firefox and i did try to figure it out a while back but had no luck.

The animated ones make me motion sick or something.Some video games do it too.No big,personal choice. But there's one that's an evil eyed wolf,it scares the bejeezuz out of me every time I scroll down a page.Evil eyed wolves & spiders are creepy!

BConrad...were you the one with the spider? I didn't want to go back to find out. I am not THAT curious. If so, my apologies if I have made you feel bad, but not intended. I was just noting the oogie factor that one's avatar can cause. I do know that flashing things can trigger epilepsy problems, too. Maybe they are just evil.

I think the spider is beautiful. It is one of nature's wonders.

I guess that is what makes the world go round.

jarvan, your avatar freaks me out. It looks like some crazed dentist horror flick poster, IMHO.

Latest posts

Back