Sorry, another whipped Shea question..

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW!! I couldn't stand it, after reading this thread, I had to try a batch. I have had the shea for awhile, but have been so busy with soaps and getting ready for Christmas that I haven't taken the time. Just did, and yes, it is awesome. I used the above ingredients and put some cornstarch in (next time I will put more) and used lavendar/van. fo. I had made some soap with the same fo, so this will be a nice compliment.

I have coffee butter and would love to make whipped body butter with this, but it is not like the coconut butter and shea, whereas they start out hard and you melt them down....the coffee butter is soft. Any ideas if this will work. Perhaps do 1/2 coffee butter and 1/2 coconut butter and some almond oil. Or do you think skip the light oil and just use the cocount butter and coffee butter???? k

Well, being the impatient girl that I am, I went ahead and did the cocoa butter and coffee butter combo, safflower and almond oils. It whipped up wonderful, much faster than the shea and the aroma is delicious! :wink: k

Zen, it was easy and WOW! wonderful. Can't wait for more supplies so I can make more. I think it was Faithy who, on another thread, mentioned using the rubbermaid screw top jars. They were perfect. Only, my Wal-Mart had the 1.5 cup containers and I would like a smaller one. So I am going to have to search around. k

Sounds so great. The other day I tried some handcream with 20% shea at my mom's and several days later my hands are still not alligatorish. Unfortunately I can't get any supplies until after the move.

I believe somewhere I read you were moving from one country to another???? Wow, now that's a big undertaking.
I gave one of the girls from my coffee group a shea/coffee body butter for Christmas, she has called me no less than 4 times to thank me and told me she has never had a lotion really do "the job". Now she says I need to get enough ingredients to make a big batch in her in-ground pool. :lol: Says she wants to swim in it. k

Back