some new soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deg195

Reaction score
some new soaps...
pear - brambleberry f.o -> love the scent
blond silhouette - daystar-> really nice fragrance
I put soap log in fridge but could not be patient enough to wait to cut...so cut lines could be better.

photo-67.jpg

photo-68.jpg

photo-69.jpg

Last edited:
They look amazing!

The swirls in the first one remind me of something out of a Tim Burton movie! And the hearts are so cute!

it crazy I started making soap about 5 or 6 months ago. I set out to make pure natural soap...I love to use lots of colors and fragrance oils...
I love the yellow and green in the pear soap. I plan to make a "more natural soap" this weekend with the green and yellow with spearmint and lemongrass e.o

Very nice looking soaps!

I started out as a purist with respect to colors and scents too. I still tend in that direction, but sometimes it's nice to do something bright and colorful, especially if you've got kids and teens in your life.

Lizflowers42; Making the soap with the hearts is pretty easy.
I used a silicone heart mold I got from Joannes (I think). The mold has about 12 or 16 or maybe 24 hearts or so. The mold is flexible. I think they have them at BB or NG.
I make soap (or use extra soap) and fill the heart molds. The soap pops out easily the next day or when hard.
I try to use the embeds in the wk or so. I have used older embed and it came out fine.
I line my log mold and then measure out my cutting marks (sometimes) and mark where I will be cutting on the freezer paper (on the top where no soap with touch it).
I then pour some soap and place the heart (or any embed) where the cutting line will be. Then cover the embed and hope it lines up. This batch I started out doing that but I had lots of hearts and just placed them anywhere. Sort of like a free for all.
Some made it to the cutting line and some are embeded in the soap.
If the embeds are older I read you can spritz with alcohol and then place in the raw soap.
I have tried that and the soap turned out well. Try it its fun!
Barb

I forgot to add this pic...Lizflowers42- I used soap balls as embeds to make this soap...
The f.o is like fruit loops by NG...it smells good.

download-11.jpg

Latest posts

Back