Soapmaking Friend Needs Beta Testers!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, so I ran my most recent shampoo bar through SF. I like the feature that gives the amounts in ozs. and grams. The other feature is the Properties and fatty acid %. My shampoo great except for longevity, but it is a sample batch. All in all, it is very easy to use.

I’d like to be a beta tester 🌸

I tried the platform once for a recipe that I was planning to use. I like that there's a tab for additives that provides usage rate recommendations and the chart that shows up at the right hand side of the screen to show properties that the final bar may have if the recipe is followed.

My question is about the additives that I added to the database. Was that just for my end or will that show up to everyone who uses the soap recipe builder?

There's a set of additives there that we can choose from, but the list is not complete. Like in my recipe, I used vanilla bean paste since I couldn't find any vanilla bean powder. I searched the given additives in the builder and since vanilla wasn't there yet, I added it myself. But I'm a new soap maker, a 5-month old one with not much experience about additives and usage rates. I just put in 1 tsp per pound of oils to be on the safe side...

If I add to the list of additives in the builder, will there be a more experienced soaper to amend the list of additives and the recommended usage rate that was initially keyed in? That way, I'd be more confident to follow the suggested usage rate that the builder provides...

😇 Don't mean to confuse anyone... I hope I'm making sense 😊

Cheers, everyone!

I will try my best to offer what I can.

Back