Soaping this week

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad news guys, my Creamy Pecan Praline WAY overheated and I had to rebatch it. AHH!!

It looks okay now but it darkened up a LOT. I tried to do a swirl with baking chocolate but you can barely see it.

I took pictures while I was doing it so I may post them to the photo section.

I made a coconut and lime yesterday, looks great but fragrance morphed and it stinks. I made a cherry amaretto tonight, it's still in the fridge and so far smells divine. :D

Soaped two loaves today. First one was in preparation for my new Hello Kitty molds, but it seized - a mix of SS Guavaberry and WSP Mango Melon. I ended up letting it gel then plopping it into the mold for OP. It was a super terrible seize that just froze after I mixed in the FO. Final product smells fabulous and feels great, but it looks like rice krispie treats! Lol!

Second attempt to use my Hello Kitty molds was just Guavaberry and it soaped liked a dream and smells very, fruitylicious. :D

So, I have put to sleep 10 white Hello Kitty soaps and the remainder in loaves with green, burgundy and orange ITP swirl.

Making one more log tonight in a manly scent, but I'm not sure what it will be.

Eesh. I've got a lot of soaping to get done. Holiday season really nailed me good with some of my scents. Just need to make some basic White Tea and Ginger, more Lavender (plan to make a double batch this time), more Peppermint Spearmint (double batch here as well), peppermint spearmint scrubby vegan soap (since the others are all goatmilk), ummm... I'm not sure what else, but I have all of next week off from work and school, so I'll be busting out candles, lotions and soap for next year's sales. :D Hoping to get another order from CandleScience to get yet another round of scents (as if I don't have enough!)

Oils ordered....149 lbs of them....ugh. Now to reorder FO's I'm low or out of.....UGH!!!!

this
Screenshot2011-12-16at124708AM.png

Thinking of Fennel Seed Soap for the next batch.

I have a fennel plant out back with a bunch of seeds, they taste awesome, nice and sugary with a taste of licorice at the same time.

Thinking of chopping these up in a coffee grinder or blender, and they can be used as an exfoliant (hopefully they aren't too sharp, we'll see). It would be awesome if the soap bars smelled like licorice, too.

Hi, did you make your fennel soap in the end? I think of one too! Not with seeds from the garden unfortunately, they didn't grow..

Hi Eve, this thread is from 2011, and the person you addressed hasn't been on the forum since 2012. So you probably won't be hearing back from them. :) But we'd love to hear if you make a fennel soap and want to start a new thread to post the pictures. We love pictures!

Sure, I know I'm optimistic! I think of making one by Christmas for my boyfriend who drinks hundreds of liters of fennel tea per day. I'll post it ;)
Thanks for your reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back