Soaphutch vs. Woodfields molds

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adema

Reaction score
I have some log molds from woodfields that I love but I would like a custom made mold and they don't do that anymore.. Is the soaphutch mold as easy to use as the woodfields or? I have also tried to contact the Upland soap factory and they have not replied back. I have a willow way cutter that is awesome maybe I should buy some molds from them.. Any input would be really appreciated.

molds

I just love my custom Soaphutch mold, but I bet it would cost you an arm and a leg to get it shipped to Iceland!

Re: molds

soapbuddy said:
I love my Soaphutch molds; all five of them.

What particular kinds do you have and which is your fav.? I would LOVE one of these molds eventually! But I know I will have to wait a while.

FloridaSoaper said:
Oh, and how are the soaphutch molds compared to TOG molds...those look awesome too! Sorry, didn't mean to hijack thread! :oops:
I've had major problems with tog molds. From SoapHutch I have 2 of the large slab molds with dividers, I have 2 upright molds and one multi use molds that can be configured different ways.

so then I'm guessing it isn't the HDPE that makes the mrdoright molds bad....I'm so confused on what mold I want to get next!!!!

Re: molds

KD said:
I just love my custom Soaphutch mold, but I bet it would cost you an arm and a leg to get it shipped to Iceland!

I paid about 200$ to get woodfields molds to Iceland and I am not making that mistake again.... I am visiting Boston in a few weeks and I ordered molds from woodfields and soaphutc to be sent to the hotel so I can take them with me home.. I think I just saved an airfare there...

SoapHutch molds are great - very well crafted. And I have nothing but good things to say about Rich Bartko, they owner/craftsman (although sometimes he's slow to respond to email). Just remember, the materials are very different and you will need to adjust your methods a bit. SoapHutch molds are made of HDPE which has totally different heat retention than wood molds. You will likely have to oven process your soap in a Soaphutch mold. There are a lot of positive things about them - easy release, crisp edges, versatility, etc, but you may have a learning curve in terms of getting your soap gelled.

Soaphutch Molds

I have one of the new, uber molds as well, and I just love it! The quality of HDPE and craftsmanship are superior to anything else I have used, and I have another HDPE divider mold. The finish on Rich's mold is super glossy and slick, and I do not use any kinds of release agent at all. I always gel my soap, and I have had no issues doing so in this mold. I just put a folded blanket underneath and over top and leave it alone. I do not freeze my soap to release it either. There is NOTHING I don't like about this mold. I bought it last December, by custom order, and it was $250 + $25 S&H to North Dakota, and I paid another $30 to bring it across the border into Canada. Was it worth it? Absolutely! Would I order from Rich again? In a heartbeat! Honestly, though, I can't see ever needing to have another mold unless I had a hankering for an upright. Unfortunately, I have not been able to reach him recently, so I'm not sure if he is currently in production.

If you like acrylic, I just bought a 5# slabmold with dividers from the soapmaking resource,I wish I wouldn't be to dumm to post pictures :(
I have it on my Facebook site...or just check out the smr site.

Latest posts

Back