Soap Stones

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindy

Soap Diva Queen
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone - I decided I need to try those Soap Stone thingies for rebatch soap. So here is my first attempt....

DSCN1421.jpg

The black things are the soap.... 8)
Thanks for looking

that's awesome! I never would have thought of that!

x

good job! they look like water washed granite. very realistic-congrats!

did you grate the soap, or was it still soft enough to "chunk & nuke"?

:D

:lol: @ Starduster - actually I would call it a Soapy Rockery.... :p

Thanks everyone! They were just too much fun! I grated the soap and put it in a pot in the oven @200 F with some water. Once it was melted I let it cool down a bit, just enough to be able to handle the soap with gloves on and formed the rocks/stones/whatever. Once they cooled I rinsed and shined. I so can't take credit for this idea - I received a suggestion from a friend (you know who you are :wink: ) and I ran with it since I had some soap that needed rebatching....

Tanya - I know!!! How bizarre is that? To make up for it I made some more of the heart cupcakes, celtic heart guest soaps and victorian soaps. :lol: 8) :? 8) :lol:

I tried doing stones today, they came ok, but not nearly as shiny as yours, what's the secret ? ;)

The black things are the soap....

LOL. You're so funny. OF COURSE they are. They look fantastic. They'll look good on the big slab of slate I have for you.

Thank you pepper I wish those shells were soap then I could make more... 8)

Jbarad - after they were formed I dunked them in water, rubbed them a bit and placed them on Freezer Paper...

Jody.... :roll: ...thank you!

Great coloring in your rocks! Very real looking. I love the ocean inspired photos!

those are AWESOME Lindy! I want to try!!! What did you color them with? Oh my goodness, I have got to make some of those.

Thank you :D

Andrea they are a rebatch of a black & white soap. I did it in the oven and just let her sit without a lot of stirring. I'm thinking about doing a batch each of black & white to make more IF they sell.

I appreciate your kind words...

Lindy

Latest posts

Back