Soap Scraps Ad Infinitum

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lovely! I’m guessing that you have to bevel quite early so they’re soft enough? I’ve been bevelling a day or two after cutting to avoid over eager denting. I’m a bit of a dropper.
I also usually bevel a day or two after cutting. The shreds are still soft enough to squwoosh together. I sort of knead them together with my fingers until they're soft and doughy.

Lovely! I’m guessing that you have to bevel quite early so they’re soft enough? I’ve been bevelling a day or two after cutting to avoid over eager denting. I’m a bit of a dropper.
Try sticking the trimmings in a plastic bag, moistening them very slightly (only if necessary) and kneading them through the bag until the consistency is smooth and dough like. This works for me, even if the trimmings are on the dry side.

I haven’t tried rebatching yet. I think you need a slow cooker for that right? And I live in a small house that’s already packed to the rafters with various craft materials and I keep putting off buying one. That said, I very much want to make shaving soap which I think also needs the cooker.
I have rebatched in the oven using a stainless steel Dutch oven and low heat. I haven’t done a lot but it worked just fine.
After I bevel, I use the shreds like soap dough and press them into molds to decorate soap tops.
What a great idea! I will be trying this.

Latest posts

Back