soap planer/beveler

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

auntgrouch

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience/thoughts re: using a planer and beveler? Looks kind of good but thought I'd ask before I spend the $. Thanks for your input.

I use a cheap tiny carpenter's planer from the hardware store, about $8. Have been using the same one now for a couple of years, haven't even had to change the blade. I just wash and dry immediately after using to prevent rust.

Thanks. I think I'll try a veg. peeler and maybe a wood planer before buying the acrylic one. My husband has been on a number of forums over the years, this is my first. Woohoo, they really do work!

If you do ever decide to go with a planer/beveler, I can't say enough good things about the acrylic one from soap making resource. Its really an awesome little tool to have...I use it not only for beveling, but for shaving a paper thin slice to even out imperfections, bumps, etc. Super easy to use and well made.

I've been looking at SMR's beveler/planer and thinking about getting it. I already have their soap cutter and love it. lately I am just not liking the 'rough' edges on my soap. I want them looking more 'clean' and professional so thats why I have been looking for a good quality beveler and planer.

I think in the meantime I am going to try my potato peeler. Great idea!!

I have never used a beveler - but maybe I should, I am going to check out the 8$ hardware store one first because I can't afford the other one right now

Latest posts

Back