Soap names

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlemissjellyfish

Reaction score
It’s been a while since I posted here, in fact it’s been a few months since I made cold process soap. (I make small batches and I’m almost out. When I make soap I like to name them:
“sleepy sheep” ( lavender and lanolin) “good morning, I love you!” ( colloidal oatmeal and honey with blueberry seeds for exfoliation), “tea time” (lychee and black tea) For the life of me I can’t think of a name for my latest soap and wonder if any of you can help. Some of the ingredients are hibiscus tea, hibiscus powder, noni powder, mango butter, babassu oil, coconut milk. I used a tropical fragrance oil.

Thanks!!!
Heather

It’s been a while since I posted here, in fact it’s been a few months since I made cold process soap. (I make small batches and I’m almost out. When I make soap I like to name them:
sleepy sheep” ( lavender and lanolin) “good morning, I love you!” ( colloidal oatmeal and honey with blueberry seeds for exfoliation), “tea time” (lychee and black tea) For the life of me I can’t think of a name for my latest soap and wonder if any of you can help. Some of the ingredients are hibiscus tea, hibiscus powder, noni powder, mango butter, babassu oil, coconut milk. I used a tropical fragrance oil.

Thanks!!!
Heather

I never name my soap anything other than the fragrance oil I’ve used unless the FO has an odd name. However, the next time I make lavender essential oil soap, I’ll toss in some lanolin just so I can call it “Sleepy Sheep.” Because, yep, I am totally stealing that from you!! I might even omit the lanolin and just felt those little suckers!!

I never name my soap anything other than the fragrance oil I’ve used unless the FO has an odd name. However, the next time I make lavender essential oil soap, I’ll toss in some lanolin just so I can call it “Sleepy Sheep.” Because, yep, I am totally stealing that from you!! I might even omit the lanolin and just felt those little suckers.

I can’t take credit for “Sleepy Sheep” My kids came up with that one. Ohhhh and felt would be a great addition to that soap! (Why didn’t I think of that...)

I never name my soap anything other than the fragrance oil I’ve used unless the FO has an odd name. However, the next time I make lavender essential oil soap, I’ll toss in some lanolin just so I can call it “Sleepy Sheep.” Because, yep, I am totally stealing that from you!! I might even omit the lanolin and just felt those little suckers!!

Hello Teresa,
Couldn’t keep away from soap making?

“sleepy sheep” ( lavender and lanolin) “good morning, I love you!” ( colloidal oatmeal and honey with blueberry seeds for exfoliation), “tea time” (lychee and black tea) For the life of me I can’t think of a name for my latest soap and wonder if any of you can help. Some of the ingredients are hibiscus tea, hibiscus powder, noni powder, mango butter, babassu oil, coconut milk. I used a tropical fragrance oil.

Thanks!!!
Heather

Hawaiian Siesta
Hawaiian Sunset

I like themes for soap names. I guess scents are easy to buy but I don’t think I’d buy “lavender mint” without smelling it so a themed name could be more evocative.

But that’s just me - lots of people name their soaps with the scent.
I much prefer a name that tells me best what it smells like. So, "lavender mint" will get my money faster than something like "peaceful dreams." For just using at home, though, creative names can be fun.

Hello Teresa,
Couldn’t keep away from soap making?

Nope. Actually, it's more the company here than the actual soap making that I missed.

There are scents that I cannot tolerate well, and things I just don't like. If I saw something labeled "Peaceful Dreams" I'd smell it just to see what it was. I'd be really angry if it had vanilla in it. I don't like vanilla scented things. I cannot tolerate floral fragrances, they induce migraines. You'll never find flowers in or around my house unless they're photos or plastic.

Latest posts

Back