soap labels

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deg195

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am looking to make a logo and then a place to create labels for soap. I would
like to be able to have someone create this on the computer and then I could
change the name (of the soap) on the label and the ingredients. I have looked on etsy but I am not sure if this is what I am looking for as I want to be able to change things and then print them out. Any ideas?
Thanks, Barb

Avery DesignPro

Are you familiar with Avery DesignPro? That's what I use, and it's pretty self explanatory, in my opinion. You can download it free here:
http://www.avery.com/avery/en_us/Templates-&-Software/Avery-DesignPro-for-PC.htm

I use a full sheet template in landscape orientation and make 4 cigar bands per sheet. There's a multitude of other options though. You can import an image/logo of your choosing and then add text. Even if you have an outside source design your logo, as long as you have it in jpg or bmp format (there's others that are compatible, I just don't remember now) you can import it as an image for your logo.

I have used Printmaster for years. You can move things around easily which you can't do as easily with Word. You can also edit, change background color, shape etc.

I also use Printmaster. It is inexpensive and easy to use. Lots of photos and easy to import more if you want.

I'm a student in my 2nd year of graphic design (although I have been doing it for a few years previously but officially a student now). I could make you a logo and label if you would like. Free of charge :) I am on winter break and have been wanting something to do.

If you're serious about branding your soap and making it more of a business than a hobby, I'd suggest getting a real graphic designer. I do graphic design full time and I've seen soooo many homemade logos etc that look dreadful, but put on great products. Invest the money and get it done right the first time. It will make your products look more professional, and in turn you'll see more customers.

If you're serious about branding your soap and making it more of a business than a hobby, I'd suggest getting a real graphic designer. I do graphic design full time and I've seen soooo many homemade logos etc that look dreadful, but put on great products. Invest the money and get it done right the first time. It will make your products look more professional, and in turn you'll see more customers.

I do agree with this - even though I am/was a graphic designer my specialty was architectural signs so I chose to hire a designer who specialized in logo design. I used http://thelogocompany.net/ and I was really happy with their work.

Take the time to look around and see the portfolios of different designers until you find one you like. There is another one whose name is Bonnita (http://www.bmphotographyanddesign.co.uk/) and even though she is overseas she is worth looking at. After all you are going to end up downloading the final design. She is really well liked and respected.

So now you have 3 people/companies to look at and see whose designs attract you the most.

I previously went to school for graphic design and thankful for my knowledge/ability when creating my own logos and labels.

Awesome soaps and labels! Great products.

I'm looking into purchasing clear sticker type lables that i found at onlinelables.com. Its an investment of $59 so i guess my question is... has anyone used these before? I'm woried about them not sticking although I have seen them on soap before (i'll include a pic as an example). I usually just use a cigar band but I hate to hide all my creativity and liked that I could have a label and my "art" visible too! thanks =)

Lavender-Fields-Soap-Label.jpg

I'm looking into purchasing clear sticker type lables that i found at onlinelables.com. Its an investment of $59 so i guess my question is... has anyone used these before? I'm woried about them not sticking although I have seen them on soap before (i'll include a pic as an example). I usually just use a cigar band but I hate to hide all my creativity and liked that I could have a label and my "art" visible too! thanks =)

I've looked all over the internet and can't find a dang clear label except that one. If you're considering it, buy one sheet and test it. That's what I am going to do I think, when it's time.

Thanks guys! Appreciate your imput, i didnt realize I could request a test sheet. Thats great because I was really considering buying a laser printer because I wasnt sure if my inkjet would print sharp enough and their lables arent intermixable. Problem solved. I've been designing my lables, cant wait to get my test sheet so I can show them to you! Yay!

I've always worried that these type of labels wouldn't "stick" to the soap and would slide off...is that not a problem? I love the look of them, but...

Latest posts

Back