Soap i'd rather eat...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cherry Pit Soap Works

Reaction score
Ok, here's the million dollar question. Like all you wonderful soapers here, I have my fave ingredients and recipes for bars I love. But I swear, some people can make a bar of soap that looks like solidified cream (Eden's Secret comes to mind). Smoother than a babies behind. No inconsistency in texture or colors, it's perfect. Does anyone know the trick to this? I'm sure it's more than one thing for sure. But I'm curious as to what you all think about this.

Haha, yeah, I think that has something to do with it. But even my ungelled soap doesn't look that perfect. Maybe I'm just not that good. Hahah!

TD can add a creamy look to soaps and some of hers are MP. The ones with the white base look extra yummy.

Cherry Pit, it sounds like you judge pretty things the way I do. My first impulse with something beautiful is like a baby--I want to put it in my mouth! Especially smooth things and pretty colors. I'm sure they will be delicious!! :)

I agree.. TD makes me get a creamy look and a lighter base recipe.

I have a few like this.. Color is very uniform as cream. 2 pics are in the photo forum towards the top. They have tiny imbeds but you can see the color well.

Karen of Eden's Secrets doesn't seem to gel and she uses sodium lactate, from what I saw on Youtube. She puts the soap in a plastic container and places the lid on top, but I've never seen her put a towel or insulate them with anything. She also uses silk in some of her soaps. I have purchased her soaps. And yes they are creamy. They also have a shine to them. They also have a lot of scent, so you still smell the fragrance on your skin after you rinse it off. But you know what, I love the look of your soap Relle9. I was influenced by the beauty and feel of Karen's soaps when I started this process, but now I really don't care. I'm enjoying making soap and as long as they look good and feel good to me that's all that matters. I've seen such beautiful soaps here and on other sites, I just hope I can do as well. :-o

Last edited:
Back