soap for acne

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
digit said:
I NEVER considered it in dog treats as a breath freshener!! Would it work for cat treats? Even with annual dentel tx, my one cat has godzilla breath. But it would make sense if it is removing odor causing nasties in the stomach or nasties that are excreted via the lungs.Digit

With your cat, you should take him/her to the vet to have it's teeth checked out. Our cat a few years ago had the most awful breath and we happened to see something on Animal Planet about a polar bear having a tooth removed and they said the reason they knew it had a problem was it's awful breath. Apparently animals won't have that really really bad breath (not norma stinky dog/cat breath) unless they're having a dental issue. Turns out, he had some kind of gum disorder and we had to have all his teeth removed... for $1200.

I hope it's not your problem, but I'd check with your vet before trying something to fight the symptoms.

:lol: We sure know the Godzilla breath thing over here. We did have Ramses teeth checked and cleaned. But godzilla never left... Too bad there are no kitty mints :wink: he does have kitty mouthwater from the vet and that helps a little. Thinking about brushing his teeth weekly.

Not a hijack, but I got my charcoal at the pet store, in rock form called "activated carbon" the ingredients said "100% charcoal". I ground it up in my food processor then seived it. I think I got 250gm for about five dollars. That would last a long time.

I made a complexion soap that is getting good reviews from testers and buyers.

It's a basic soap recipe to which I added tomatoes (puree and use in lieu of most of the water and/or add tomato paste in at trace); honey; buttermilk; ground oatmeal; lavender EO; and tea tree EO. It has kept me acne-free all summer.

:)

lemon powder is also supposed to be good for acne. WSP's additives section has a very good description on each of their add's, and lemon p. is one that is supposed to be good for it

kittywings,

your poor cat! did you get it dentures?

Cat%20Smiling%20Huge.jpg

(i'm considering making this my avatar - i love this pic) :)

Saltysteele said:
kittywings,

your poor cat! did you get it dentures?

Alas, no... he gummed everything. I used to bring him home sushi as a treat (he LOVED octopus). We ended up having to have him put to sleep :(. He kept losing weight (he had been fat and he was at the point of being skin and bones) and he had this weird drool that would hang out of his mouth and it looked like you could wipe it off but it was hard! He was at the vet constantly and all of the tests for little things were negative but according to the research I did, it looked like cancer to me and he was miserable... so we finally bit the bullet and pulled the plug. Poor Teddy.

On the good side, we have 3 healthy cats now... and no vet visits!

Latest posts

Back