Soap favor

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seven

Reaction score
tomorrow there will be a lil get together to pray for my upcoming wedding next week. i'm giving the guests a thank you gift consisting of 4 guest soaps packed in a white box.

now, the maker of the box had it all wrong with the measurements, so i gotta put some shredded tissue paper inside, otherwise the soaps are all drowned :(

10963875_426224220887472_741095245_n.jpg

10932040_1684627211763951_1741893575_n.jpg

thanks for looking!

thank you Dorymae.. i'm getting pretty nervous as there's only 1 week left...

Those are lovely! Congratulations on the wedding and try not to sweat anything going wrong. The unexpected things are what you'll fondly remember years from now!

I'll be praying for you tomorrow...and PM my address. 8)

Congrats on your upcoming nuptials.

thank you Dorymae.. i'm getting pretty nervous as there's only 1 week left...

Don't be nervous. Remember your wedding is your celebration, your marriage is what counts, and you'll have years to enjoy. ( just make sure he likes soap!)

thanks guys :)

and Dorymae, you are absolutely right. the real thing is what goes on after the wedding. sometimes the idea of spending the rest of my days with the same person (sharing a house, a bed, etc) still scares me. i still don't know if i can make it work. i'm in my mid 30s, most of my friends are already married since their 20s. i guess i got a bit carried away living the single life. sure, i had boyfriends, but that ain't the same. boyfriends went home after dates, husband stays, lol...

What a beautiful favor to give! If you're nervous about the actual wedding going off, remember that no one there knows what you want for details, so if something is not as you planned, they'll never know. Plus, people just want to see you get married and celebrate with you- they are paying attention to you two and little else.

My brother got married in Minnesota in winter. The night before the wedding, it snowed about 18 inches so people were stuck at the airport and all. Everybody got to the ceremony because everyone else was willing to help out. In the MIDDLE OF DINNER, they got a call that the DJ was canceling out because he couldn't get there... no entertainment/music! One of my brother's friends had gotten him a stereo as a gift, so that came out and people ran to the nearest big box store to buy tapes (it was in the cassette age). Parked a mike in front of the speakers, dialed it up, people took turns tending to the music and everyone had a blast. Even a major glitch can turn out to be nothing in the end! And not that I want your hair to catch on fire or anything, but those wedding youtube videos really are funny and you can bet people remember those events with laughter and fondness.

Marriage just takes tending. Don't forget the ratio of annoying/positive. It takes 5 positive things to balance a negative, so remembering to say thank you and I appreciate that and you look nice today and a simple kiss on the cheek can make things stay sweet.

Last edited:
^^^ what they said, beautiful soaps and packaging, such a lovely gift. Hope you have a wonderful marriage and your day is very special

My Brian and I waited 11 years to get married. I was 49 at the time. We'd had a cancer scare the year before - he had finished an aggressive course of treatment for stage III colon cancer. I don't think before then we had actually considered getting married; we were not planning on having kids, and at the time a legal piece of paper didn't mean anything. I guess it was the possibility of losing my best friend that finally made it the right thing to do for both of us. We proudly share a wedding anniversary with his parents - we celebrated our marriage on their 50th anniversary on a cruise. Now a little more than 4 years later, I can't imagine my life without my best friend. Congratulations seven - may your special day and your future be wonderful together.

What a lovely gift!

If it helps, my wedding had potential to be a complete disaster! Wednesday (the wedding was on Sat) we had: no music for the church, a groomsman who had apparently decided he wasn't going to participate without telling us, a dress that the tailor had decided they "couldn't" alter properly, a weather forecast of 95 degrees (F) and 95% humidity (in a place where air conditioning was not a thing), and at least a dozen other details that were not cooperating! I repeated the mantra, "It doesn't matter what happens as long as we're married at the end of the day" Know what? Music, seamstress, and a new groomsman fell into place, the other stuff I don't even remember, the guests have great stories about the heat. 15+ years later, people still talk about the party, and we're still married and happier than ever. Best wishes for a storybook wedding, and your very own happily ever after!

First - seven you have a true gift for beautiful soaps and gorgeous presentation. What a lovely gift.

Second - Its funny how forever seems daunting till you find yourself depending on it. I have only been married 7 years now but I swear it just gets better with time.

The talent and beauty you bring to soap making will smoothly blend into married life. If you consider the time and effort you've put into learning the craft of soaping (because it's your passion), just think of the time, effort and passion you'll want to put into your marriage. It's just a winning combo from where I sit. Congratulations and best wishes for many, many years of effort and passion! (PS - can't wait to see wedding pics too, lol)

Krista

Latest posts

Back