Soap does NOT smell good.. Need help

Discussion in 'Beginners Soap Making Forum' started by isha, Dec 17, 2017.

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating:

1. Dec 19, 2017 #21

Seawolfe

Seawolfe

Seawolfe

You need a LOT more essential oils for CP soap than one might guess - here is a good calculator to get an idea of how much is needed: https://www.brambleberry.com/pages/Fragrance-Calculator.aspx
    FWIW the only companies that use the term "therapeutic grade" use it on themselves for their own purposes. I also call my wine "therapeutic grade" but that doesn't fool my friends :mrgreen:

Saffron and DeeAnna like this.
  2. Feb 21, 2018 #22

Saffron

Saffron

Saffron

I use organic virgin unrefined coconut oil in my soaps and other body products. It is pure white, smells divine and is delicious in Thai curries and rice.

3. Feb 21, 2018 #23

ninibug09

ninibug09

ninibug09

Hi,

I had a recipe that went terribly wrong. I am looking for any help anyone could offer. How do I create a new thread or forum? So far, I can only figure out how to respond to posts

4. Feb 21, 2018 #24

Saffron

Saffron

Saffron

Hello and welcome.
    To start a new thread, go to Forums, then click on Beginners Soapmaking Forum. Now click on upload_2018-2-21_0-31-11.png at the top rhs of the page.

You'll need to post your full recipe, including the superfat %, the process and any fragrance oils/ additives used in order for someone to diagnose the problem.

Attached Files: