Soap does NOT smell good.. Need help

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You need a LOT more essential oils for CP soap than one might guess - here is a good calculator to get an idea of how much is needed: https://www.brambleberry.com/pages/Fragrance-Calculator.aspx
FWIW the only companies that use the term "therapeutic grade" use it on themselves for their own purposes. I also call my wine "therapeutic grade" but that doesn't fool my friends :mrgreen:

It could be oil that I use.. Pomace doesn't smell bad. But I guess it could be my coconut oil..

What kind of coconut oil do you guys use??
I'm in India and here most widely available oil is from copra (dry coconut) which is cold processed.. So I get it directly when fresh extracted.. It has this coconutty odor and has a pale yellow color. I cook the oil for about 30 mins on low flame to get off some of the odor.

I use organic virgin unrefined coconut oil in my soaps and other body products. It is pure white, smells divine and is delicious in Thai curries and rice.

Hi,

I had a recipe that went terribly wrong. I am looking for any help anyone could offer. How do I create a new thread or forum? So far, I can only figure out how to respond to posts

Hi,

I had a recipe that went terribly wrong. I am looking for any help anyone could offer. How do I create a new thread or forum? So far, I can only figure out how to respond to posts

Hello and welcome.
To start a new thread, go to Forums, then click on Beginners Soapmaking Forum. Now click on
upload_2018-2-21_0-31-11.png
at the top rhs of the page.

You'll need to post your full recipe, including the superfat %, the process and any fragrance oils/ additives used in order for someone to diagnose the problem.

Attachments

• upload_2018-2-21_0-29-1.png
    upload_2018-2-21_0-29-1.png
    114.7 KB · Views: 6
Back