Soap Calculations

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimberly G Lewis

Reaction score
Hello,

This receipe is for a milk soap. Can you please tell me if the below oils and calculations would work ? Also, for my lye solution, I will replace my water with almond milk and yogurt.

1624539840723.png

Since you have a high percentage of coconut oil, your soap may be drying to the skin and will not be a long-lasting bar. Many people do not go above 20-25% when using coconut oil.

I agree with @lsg and also suggest two things:

1. Six pounds is a HUGE batch for a new recipe. I’d scale that back to 1 or 2 lbs at most. You don’t want to waste ingredients on an untested recipe that you may not like.

2. Unless you are doing HP, your water is pretty high. That can make your soap take a long time to set up, and your bars may warp as they cure. If you are doing CP, then instead of using “water as percent of oil weight,” select “water : lye ratio” and set that to 2:1. That’s a more typical ratio and will give you more consistent results as you scale your batches up or down.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back