Soap Calc Pro

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yadonm

Reaction score
I have the Soap Calc Pro mobile App and it always offers an alternative formulation which sometimes I use and sometimes I ignore. Does anyone else use the Pro version? I think it causes me to doubt myself because it always pushes up the cleansing to higher than I want or swaps out oils, and always ups the castor and coconut oils to a higher percentage than what most people on this forum recommend but I think "what do I know?"

i have this app on my iphone but have no idea about the alternative formulations. is it a new feature that comes with a recent update or something?

The "paid for version" offers alternatives for your recipe. I've had it for over 9 months. Maybe that's the difference?

I have soap calc pro app too. I just don't understand that stuff. I never can get a clear answer( probably just me) and it auto balances recipes turning them into something you weren't even looking for. All it does is confuse me.

Yes, I agree. I'm looking for a low cleansing number and it changes it to a higher number. I know it's only a suggestion but It's not what I'm looking for.

I tried before to figure out what I could use instead of one of the oils I was out of. It gave me a headache after awhile. I still never got a recipe. It kept suggesting I add the very oil I was out of. Don't do it.

I desperately need to learn to rebatch botched batches LOL. Seriously though, any help?

Probably would get more responses starting your own thread asking about rebatching. If there are certain questions about it that you have, try searching the forum to see what others have said.

Ah okay, you mean this bit down the bottom..

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1395387022.089086.jpg

I never paid attention to that bit till now. I just look for the original calculation at the top of the page. Seriously, i only use soapcalc mobile when i'm out of internet, which is very rare.

That's it. There are times I want to use a particular oil , usually avocado, and SoapCalc reformulates leaving it out and replacing it with olive. I don't what it has against avocado

very strange and useless feature me thinks. they're better off putting percentage like in their desktop version.

Latest posts

Back