Soap Brand Naming

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crazy8

Reaction score
I'm usually pretty good at this stuff. Luckily with most things I have done I have been able to use my name "Crazy8" for. That does not seem like a fitting name for soap. I want to do soap for men and have been doing much searching and thinking. I have soap ideas ranging from Armani FO soaps to a "zombie" soap idea. So that makes it kind of tougher I think. But maybe I should do two brands or perhaps there is to big of a gap and should stick to the one. I'm hoping to get some help in here with it. If this should be in a different form I apologize. I wasn't sure if it should be anything business related since as of now I don't know if I will sell yet, but there is a chance. Here are some names and ideas I have come up with perhaps some of you might be able to help with some branding ideas.

Thesaurus Results
(ones that sounded good)

Manly

·Lion

·Macho

Classy

·Exclusive

·Select

·Sharp

·Alluring

·Clean

·Style

High Society

·Beau Monde

·Elite

Ideas
(name that involves these words. Either one of the words or multiple)
·Assault

·Gorilla

·Simplicity

·Gentleman’s Bar

·Prestige

·Style

·Basic

·Back to Basics

·Nature’s Way

·Sale Homme (French-“Dirty Man”)

·Mount Sapo?
Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Soap Making mobile app
Willow Tree (not sure where it came from. Just popped in my head)
Willow Creek (not sure where it came from. Just popped in my head)
Man Bar (think I have seen this used)
WH or WSH (my initials)
C8 (just thought this one up now while writing this post. A play off Crazy8)
Mount Olives (connecting the use of olive oil in soap and that I am also a Christian)

That C8 one is starting to have a nice ring the more I think about it. But those two willow ones did too...well surely you see my problem, any help would he much appreciated.

Hello! Personally, I happen to really like your 'brand name' of Crazy8. I feel it can apply well to soap - especially to men. My take is on card games. I used to play Crazy Eights, Euchre (spelling ?), Poker and its variations such as Strip Poker (no, never played this - I would go naked after a few hands :mrgreen:) Texas Hold'Em and so on. You could have different soap names based upon these and other card games plus even the card names such as Ace of Hearts, King of Clubs, Jack of Diamonds and so on. I say hold on to your name, discard the other ideas and ante-up some fun coming up with some great card soap names for men and for women. Now I will fold and let someone else play.

PS: Your C8 will make a good soap stamp impression. Also, I came up with another soap name: "Bluff in the Buff"..........then again, maybe not. :shock:

Thank you very much for all of that. That was very insightful. Maybe you are on to something. Perhaps I still can use the crazy 8 name. I was definitely thinking about the C 8 stamp though when I thought of using that as the brand. I think that would look very good on the soap. I will have to give this more thought I think. Thank you again. There may still be hope for the crazy 8 brand. Lol

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Soap Making mobile app

personally I think stick what you're comfortable with and I think you'll be happier in the end...you can always change it later if it becomes awkward or you go off in a different direction.

how about "Crazy8 Soap Werks" or "Crazy8 Exclusive Soaps" or "Crazy8 Gentlemen's Soaps" just to name a few...what is the image you wish to reflect about your products?

One little problem that occurs to me with using the name Crazy8 is a possible conflict with Crazy Foam. Unlikely, but who can tell?

maybe using the black "8" pool ball? this is just an example: http://mascot.crystalxp.net/en.id.2635-8-ball-tux.html
Well its great and funny to see some of the feed back im getting on this. Seems Crazy8 might be what I should stick with. Its also funny you mention the pool ball thing. Thats part of where the name came from, well the "8" part of it anyway. Here is a modified version of my "Crazy8 Creations" hot sauce label. This one doe3snt show the "creations part, but thats what I ended up going with Man I have to many hobbies.
Crazy8_zpsc045b0f6.jpg

I think you could work with that logo and label and put something like "Fine Gentlemen's Soaps" below it...stick with what feels right...it looks like you're already building a business image, so go with the flow.

Here is a quick label I just whipped up. Its an idea I had for the first batch I will be making. Im using Armani Code for Men FO. So I thought this would make a cool label. Im thinking I may need to do some work to it yet, but you get the idea anyway.

0tg2jUW.jpg

Actually the first thing that popped into my head when I read Crazy 8 were the "Kill Bill" movies...the Crazy 88's!
Love those movies!!
And your C8 logo would be very cool as a soap stamp!

I love that for both a stamp and a logo, it's phenomenal (I even registered on this forum just to tell you that). Simple, memorable, and, from a practical standpoint, easy for you to work with for "branding" activities.

WOW!!! I don't even know what to say. Its not often I'm left speechless. Thank you much for all the compliments and help on figuring this all out. Im thinking I still need some work on my labels. I figured if all went well with th "code" FO that I would then try the "Acqua Di Gio" FO which I do love as a cologne. So I figured I might as well make the packaging very similar. Im just not sure Im feeling all that great about any of these designs yet. Im not sure if I am capturing what I want to capture. Then again these are more quick thrown together ones.

Ci2OVve.jpg

TrLCp5f.jpg

uOEd1zu.jpg

Ill have to think a while and see if I can come up with something better. I got time. :) My ingredients and FO havent even shown up yet and I still have to build my mold.

Last edited:
A more advanced version. I think this could be something to use on the packaging. I know I wouldn't want to try and make a stamp out of those small letters. I do like how this looks though. I think this may be enough brainstorming for one night. Thank you all again for the input and the support. Its much appreciated.

8L4eApm.jpg

I love # 1 of the 3 labels! that is seriously awesome! I think you have "planted your flag" and that would really stand out for product identification...I could see biz cards, soapwraps, product labels, website wallpaper, etc with that background...don't change a thing! good job!

Thats actually the one I was really uncertain about. Maybe I need to open my eyes more to the possibilities...lol Thank you all again for the input on this and helping me get some direction on it. Once I start making my first labels and have the "code" batch done, ill be sure to post pics. :)

the reason I like #1 is it's soooo simple, yet elegant...readily identifies your product...look at the classic Chanel logo, totally iconic (the double "C") when you see that, you know you're there!

maybe keep the C8 background on all your soapies...then maybe have an outlined box with the name of the soap...you can change colors along with the scents....in the name box you could put the coding background in there too...KWIM? in other words, put a box around "code" with the coding in it, but keep the C8 as the label paper.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back