Soap Bloopers!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ran across that video and had watched it a few weeks ago since I was really interested in what seizing looked like. If you find a ricing video please post it cuz I would like to see that too. Nice to know what to look for and how to handle it. You know it's gonna happen to you one day :-( so best be prepared.

I ran across that video and had watched it a few weeks ago since I was really interested in what seizing looked like. If you find a ricing video please post it cuz I would like to see that too. Nice to know what to look for and how to handle it. You know it's gonna happen to you one day :-( so best be prepared.

I found one! Starts at around the 4 min mark, looks like egg drop soup to me. :confused:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMQkfg5W0c4[/ame]

So, I just had a similar experience like the lady in the video. I made calendula infused soap and added Energy FO and Gardenia FO from Saffire Blue. The stuff started clumping after about a minute and the only thing I could think of was getting it out of the bowl and into the tube mold I had waiting for it. So there it is, completely solid now, lol. Since it riced and clumped, will this affect the saponification? I am wondering if I should just pull it out of the mold and HP it.

My favorite blooper was when I made soap for my 3 grandsons. I made it a dark blue with ultra marine oxide. My daughter laughed and said her youngest (3 years old at the time) loved it because it turned him blue. Thankfully it rinsed right off.

My favorite blooper was when I made soap for my 3 grandsons. I made it a dark blue with ultra marine oxide. My daughter laughed and said her youngest (3 years old at the time) loved it because it turned him blue. Thankfully it rinsed right off.

Smurf soap! I'm so afraid of making a soap too dark and having it stain someone!

So, I just had a similar experience like the lady in the video. I made calendula infused soap and added Energy FO and Gardenia FO from Saffire Blue. The stuff started clumping after about a minute and the only thing I could think of was getting it out of the bowl and into the tube mold I had waiting for it. So there it is, completely solid now, lol. Since it riced and clumped, will this affect the saponification? I am wondering if I should just pull it out of the mold and HP it.

What did you end up doing CaraCara?

Mornin' Kazmi. :) It's still in the tube. I believe it gelled completely because it got very warm but there is liquid at the top so I will wait until tonight to unmold. I guess I answered my own question about the saponification but I don't know if lye pockets would still be possible or not. It did get quite warm, hot even. I'll post photos when available.

My blooper turned out for the best after all, thankfully. I ended up rebatching because it zapped and you could tell it hadn't been blended enough. I added about 3 oz of water and half oz of sodium lactate and it came out nice and smooth like I had just made it. Very happy with the outcome. The cure time will probably be longer because of the extra water but it's worth it. :-D

photo (8).jpg

photo (9).jpg

Thanks Mel! They weren't looking so hot before I rebatched. They turned out really well. Someone in the forum gave me the idea of using a fondant mat, which makes it very feminine. I love the Energy scent!

Last edited:
I wish my rebatches came out as nice as yours CaraCara! Very smooth. Did you line your mold with the fondant mat or just press in each bar of soap when you unmold it?

I'm sure the water I added had a lot to do with how smooth it turned out. I lined the tube with the mat and while cutting I dropped a bar on it by accident and liked it.

LOL don't you love when the 'learning curve' turns out in your favor

Latest posts

Back