SMF November 2023 Challenge - Splash Swirl Technique

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sign-up List for SMF November 2023 Challenge: Splash Swirl Technique. To sign up, please copy and paste these instructions and the list below into a new message. Then add your name and the next number for the next person:

1.Ford, how did you know? It was on my list. Spooky around here. Woopi...
2. KiwiMoose. Yay! I've always wanted to try this!
3. The_Emerald_Chicken - Splashing back into soaping after a hiatus
4. Tammyfarms - looks like another fun challenge!
5. not_ally - I’m in, I was curious about this one too.
6. CLMP OK I think I have a plan!
7. Karen L. - I love the look of this design.
8. MomInWA - I’m going to give it a go!
9. Zing -wicky wicky what, Zing is entering? Guess I'm committed now.
10. dmcgee5034 - I got myself together to be able to give it a go! 🌸
11. Mobjack - Splish, splash…splash…splash!
12. Relle - count me in, I've been wanting to try this for a while.

Yes, let's blame it on the soap gremlins! I like that! Not sure if I will send this one to my mom ~ she might just get a hard lotion stick and lip balm ~ I'll see what it looks like when I cut it, but when I stirred it all together out of frustration, it turned an ugly color 🙄😆🤷🏼‍♀️
Guess what? You never signed up for the challenge. Maybe some weird psychic thing? You knew it was going to be pea soup?

Tammyfarms, love your entry! Also that you included your inspiration picture, it was so pretty and so clearly connected to your design.
@dibbles, just wanted to check that we make all comments here and only put entries on the other thread? I mixed it up last time and may still be confused.
You are correct - comments here :)

As I already mentioned in this post, I had a FAIL. I kept thinking I could redo my entry, but my horse colicked last Saturday the 11th and I've been on emergency horse duty ever since. I am still planning to rebatch my failed entry, but as stated....haven't had that window of time yet. Now the holiday and of course I need to shop, bake, cook, decorate. So I don't think I will have time for that right now either. Offer me some cheese for my whine, pls. 😆

Since I posted pics already, these are the follow-ups. First is the remelt in the crock pot. Second is what I did with that batch after remelting it and adding a LOT more red mica. Third is the unmolded loaf. It's really soft. I'm going to let it sit for a while and then make the decision whether to rebatch it or toss it. I believe I need more WHINE, please.

Attachments

• NovChallenge1.jpg
    NovChallenge1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • NovChallenge2.jpg
    NovChallenge2.jpg
    872.8 KB · Views: 0
  • NovChallenge3.jpg
    NovChallenge3.jpg
    861.2 KB · Views: 0
I'm going to try making my third attempt tonight my hip has been killing me the past few days so I haven't got around to making it yet! I'm out of Swirling F/Os but I found a fragrance I haven't tried yet and the reviews say it's good for CP soap making and that it doesn't accelerate so I'm hoping it works I'm a little nervous about it but I'm going to try it and work as fast as I can. In the past I have bought F/Os that say they don't accelerate but they still thickened pretty fast. So here I go off to start pouring my oils and oh I love the entries posted so far very nice.🌟

I'm going to try making my third attempt tonight my hip has been killing me the past few days so I haven't got around to making it yet! I'm out of Swirling F/Os but I found a fragrance I haven't tried yet and the reviews say it's good for CP soap making and that it doesn't accelerate so I'm hoping it works I'm a little nervous about it but I'm going to try it and work as fast as I can. In the past I have bought F/Os that say they don't accelerate but they still thickened pretty fast. So here I go off to start pouring my oils and oh I love the entries posted so far very nice.🌟
YAY!! Hope it's awesome! :)

Back