smell please come back!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katiecar

Reaction score
I do not know what is happening to me but things are going from bad to worse at the moment. I have a range of soaps curing at the minute, all on shelving on kitchen roll, with kitchen roll lying lightly over the top. the bars are not touching and I turn them every week. I have put the ones that er finihed curing in card storage boxes with card lids on. i have noticed that lots of the soaps that are curing are starting to or losing their scent completely. Do I need to keep them boxed to cure? I did not think I should to allow the air to circulate but its all going wrong. I have Orris root powder in them and thought this held the scent? I have noticed one person uses hydrolised oat protien in all her soaps, is this something to hold the smell and if so is it better tah orris root powder? I am now looking at 12 batches of curing soap thinking how much money I have lost if they do not smell. I live in the UK and use approx 25mls EO for every 3KG batch. i would like to ask anyone in UK if they know the safe amount to use as I know the UK has strict EU cosmetic laws for using EO. I have asked my sister to smell them and she agrees with me.

I just saw that you got an answer over on TeachSoap.

But for anyone else that's reading this and may be wondering what the problem is. It wasn't enough EO.

Hi there, are you planning on selling your soaps? If so, in the UK you need to have each of your recipes, including EO's, tested by a chemist to ensure safety. You legally can not sell soap without having done this, so if you are planning on selling, they can help advise you on how much is safe.

Latest posts

Back