"Silver Water" ~man bar~

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*cut pics*

Wasnt what I was going for. This is what you get when doing a zebra swirl and the batter gets too thick too fast. The FO i used accelorated trace FYI~

I'll post more pics tomorrow, It's just too dark at the moment to get a good pic :)

P3080050.jpg

P3080051.jpg

I know you were probably going for the blue stripe like in the his and hers soaps you made, but I have to tell you, I think this looks killer. The blue on the sides accents the differences between the top and bottom swirls and gives it a real modern art look. I love this. I would love to see you try to replicate this in the future.

I know you were probably going for the blue stripe like in the his and hers soaps you made, but I have to tell you, I think this looks killer. The blue on the sides accents the differences between the top and bottom swirls and gives it a real modern art look. I love this. I would love to see you try to replicate this in the future.
Why thank you! you are right, that is what I WAS going for lol :p

I know you say this isn't exactly what you were going for, but it is still beautiful :)

As my fifth grade teacher used to say when she would look at our watercolor paintings . . . "Interesting. Tell me about it." Which meant she couldn't tell what the heck I was going for but I probably didn't get there. But who cares!?! Your soap looks great. I'm dying to know how you got that swirl on top. Was it sort of like a mantra swirl?

As my fifth grade teacher used to say when she would look at our watercolor paintings . . . "Interesting. Tell me about it." Which meant she couldn't tell what the heck I was going for but I probably didn't get there. But who cares!?! Your soap looks great. I'm dying to know how you got that swirl on top. Was it sort of like a mantra swirl?
Im not sure what a mantra swirl is yet but all I did was do figure 8's all the way down the loaf. Hope that helps!

thanks! I actually want to try doing a zebra swirl using black and white so it looks like the real deal.. plus I have a little idea to throw into the mix.. but ya'll have to wait and see :silent:

Mantra swirl

Im not sure what a mantra swirl is yet but all I did was do figure 8's all the way down the loaf. Hope that helps!

A mantra swirl is where you put a divider in your log mold and pour two colors side by side, then you remove the divider and do the figure 8 swirling like you did except you put the swirler (I use a knitting needle) all the way to the bottom of the mold so the whole batch is mantra swirled. I haven't done the mantra swirl yet but it's on my "to do" list. You can also put two dividers in and do a 3 color mantra swirl.

oh, ok I remember watching something like that on utube. I guess I did the mantra swirl on top but not all the way through and didnt use a divider. Its on my TO DO list too!

Latest posts

Back