Shred CP soap and add water?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PrairieLights

Reaction score
Ok - I have searched and searched... but am out of patience (waiting on news regarding my daughter's biopsy... hard to be patient).
It seems like I saw that we can shred CP scraps and add water and get liquid soap. I did that with 100% organic OO soap and it made a gorgeous liquid. As it cooled, it turned sort of solid. I repeated this and it repeated - LS to HS. This is kind of fun - but am I ever going to get liquid soap that stays liquid soap? Any suggestions, advice, or egging on to try something else with this?

The only kind of CP soap I've fond that will stay liquid is 100% OO. I diluted it till it was on the thinner side and by the next day it was the thickness I wanted. Its been bottled for a couple weeks and so far, its staying liquid.
The other bars I tried this with, turned into a solid mass of snot.

I do make LS from scratch. LOVE it!

I had to chop off the tops because I OP'ed the loaf and the top was ugly... so I thought I'd play. I really feel like I read somewhere about people shredding soap and adding water and getting LS. Bummer. I thought I could "cheat", although the difference in lye and pH would logically contradict what I thought I had read. I still had hopes.

So now how to use this jar of almost-hard soap? It was once 3.7 ounces and is now 16 ounces! It is kind of fun! Maybe I will see how much more I can "grow" it? Or just use it for.... something....

What?!?!? Obsidian you have egged me on! This IS 100% OO! Okay.... I am adding even MORE water to see what happens!!! :clap:

It took quite a bit of water. Once it stopped being snotty, I added enough more to bring it to the consistency I wanted. It did thicken a bit so had to add a tad bit more water but its still thick and not snotty. It is however, some what slimy feeling but its much thicker and nicer to use then the LS I've made.
It not a great lathering soap but it get you clean and is a easy way to reuse scraps.

I've seen people stick blend (or blender) the soap to make it less snotty. I haven't tried it to see if it works.

I made liquid of 100% OO soap and it is slimy , I hate it, it went to the garbage with the bottles

Back