Scooby Doo soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow newbie - that's so cool looking. Was it a ribbon pour that got thick?

Ah, the fishnet soap. Teri Endsley of Tree Marie Soapworks did something awhile back that reminded me of it.
tree marie.JPG

Everyone thought that the fishnet soap was some sort of pattern screened onto the soap because getting all the white in that perfect football shape from every angle is not something anyone has been able to replicate. The pressure of the soap above it would press the bottom ones flatter. That soap above, Teri's, is excellent, full stop. It's not like the fishnet though because you can see the fan shape and the circles from the pour. Other than a pattern screened onto the soap or put on via a dip, no one has ever solved the mystery of the fishnet soap.

You guys are very close! All the black is actually charcoal done like a mica line. I used a squeeze bottle and all these curly-q's came out. Every layer, I blew a very light layer of AC over the whole thing so it would get inside the curls and circles. I heaped it up until I didn't have anymore soap and then I banged the mold down a bunch of times to pack all the curls together. Not entirely certain it's worth it.

No, the charcoal didn't come out of my nose. That's from my glove touching my face as I tried to block the puff of AC from spreading everywhere, which it did anyway.

Screen Shot 2019-02-10 at 11.17.18 PM.png

Ha, when I was writing up how I thought you did it, I almost said, instead of the thin black soap, that it was a layer of mica or AC. But I figured with that much powder it wouldn't hold together. I guess it did! It really looks amazing. I would never have guessed it wasn't exactly what you were trying for!

No, the charcoal didn't come out of my nose. That's from my glove touching my face as I tried to block the puff of AC from spreading everywhere, which it did anyway.

View attachment 36148
Nice to meet ya newbie! :)

I didn't think at all about dried charcoal powder. I also wouldn't have thought that much would hold together. Awesome! What shall you name this technique? Hehehe

If the piping guess is correct, I totally do not understand how the tiny stream kept its shape? It seems as though it would have had to be at at least medium trace to be able to pipe and hold shape? I haven't really played with colors yet - well, once, and the minute I added the color it got stiff fast and needed to be shoved into the mold.

in any event - super impressed -

and the fishnet soap blows my mind - did anyone buy a bar? wonder if that pattern held through the soap?

So nice to put a face to your name, @newbie! I made a big mess with AC the other day on my challenge soaps -- i think that's some kind of initiation into the soapers' guild. :)

I had to keep my head because my soap had thickened up so much I couldn't use it for what I had planned, so I forged on and got this. I like it! The colors remind me of the Mystery Machine- dating myself, no doubt.

View attachment 36118
That is bada$$!!!!!! I hope I don’t get in trouble for saying that!! Lol!!!

Newbie, that's so creative and a Fail ?!?!? NOT! Thanks for sharing and encouraging new methods of thinking and design. You look like me after baking sometimes!

You should see my kitchen.

Is AC really not in the abbreviations? That must be rectified.

Actually, I didn't consider this my fail. It was the soap I was working on that was the fail and this was the "let's make something of the batter" soap. When I'm at that point, it's all uphill and it can't be a failure. The other soap... well, for what I wanted, it bombed.

You should see my kitchen.

Is AC really not in the abbreviations? That must be rectified.

Actually, I didn't consider this my fail. It was the soap I was working on that was the fail and this was the "let's make something of the batter" soap. When I'm at that point, it's all uphill and it can't be a failure. The other soap... well, for what I wanted, it bombed.
I knew exactly what you meant by AC. I'd just received my order of AC the day before! Yes can we add that to our abbreviation list?

Latest posts

Back