Scent samples

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

jennyannlowe

Reaction score
I just got a bunch new fragrances in the mail. I'm using my co-workers as guinea pigs... I mean "soap testers" . and I want them to give me an opinion on the new scents, but I don't want to take all the bottles to work. I could probably put a little on a cotton ball and put in a little zip lock.

But does anyone else have any ideas on how to take scent samples around for people to try that is easy and uncomplicated to access?

I also thought that in the future if I get preorders and someone wants to test the scents...probably when I'm at work.....anyway let me know if you have any ideas. Thanx!

JuneP

Reaction score
Just dip a toothpick in the FO and put it it in an old medicine bottle, or a small zip lock bag. I use that method to test FO combinations. I just dip toothpicks in two different FO's or more, that I think might work, put them in one of my old medicine bottles, put the lid on, and shake hard, and I can immediately get to smell the combination to see if it will work for me.

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Or you can cut a q tip in half, Dip the cotton part in the FO and put it in a zip lock. You can do the same putting a few drops on a piece of paper and putting that in the zip lock. Should easily last for multiple sniffs. ;)

shunt2011

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I've just used qtips and it worked well.

I agree that OOB and in soap can be very different. I've had fragrances I disliked OOB but ended up really liked in soap and vise versa.

SuzieOz

Reaction score
I've just used qtips and it worked well.

I agree that OOB and in soap can be very different. I've had fragrances I disliked OOB but ended up really liked in soap and vise versa.
Same, I tried a teatree and peppermint combo in M&P to test it and my husband was in love with it. Tried it in CP and it didn't work at all. Next I'm going to try a re-batch for him - make a plain loaf, grate it up and rebatch with the EOs, see if that works.

jennyannlowe

Reaction score
I know what OOB means...means before you use that scent to make soap. But what does it stand for?