Scar balm?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have a recipe for a scar balm, but if I were making one, I would use base oils and essential oils with known regenerative properties. Here is a link with descriptions of base and essential oils. Choose several from the list and use a simple balm formula using these oils.

http://benaturallyou.com/skin-care/ingredients-we-love/

Here is a link with a balm recipe, just plug in the base and essential oils with the qualities you need:

http://www.fromnaturewithlove.com/recipe/recipe.asp?recipe_id=249

I would use rosehip oil or calendula. I treated a scar on my face with rosehip oil (rub in a couple of drops a day) for a year and nobody can see the scar at all. It was about 4 inches across my right cheek.

I would use rosehip oil or calendula. I treated a scar on my face with rosehip oil (rub in a couple of drops a day) for a year and nobody can see the scar at all. It was about 4 inches across my right cheek.
You don't mean a fresh scar or scar in the making when you started, right? So this was an existing scar, and this oil made it go away in a year? This is very interesting! Has anyone ever tested it by putting the oil on just part of a scar?

This was a fresh scar from having a BCC skin cancer cut out. I didn't start putting on the oil until the skin had healed somewhat about 6 wks later. I wouldn't put it on an open wound. I also had acupuncture for 1 yr as well.

Onion EO is very, very effective for raised scar/keloid reduction and very, very funky smelling. It with beeswax, castor oil and pokeweed root was like magic on my c-section road map. It took almost year, because I only applied at night and bathed each morning. Had I used it continuously, it would have probably gone faster.

I would be really interested in trying that too! Had a mastectomy (single) this February and got a lift on the other side to I've got scars on one side up to under my armpit and the other side the smiley face scar o-) (but vertical). When we move in August I'll have my own "crafting" space to spread out and want to get back into this wonderful mess ;)

Was previous on this board under Blue Goddess Body Care ;)

Last edited:
hey there....
do you know shea butter will fade your scars? :shock: trust me it worked for me...
I had these stubborn mosquito bite scar on my arm- huge scars...
you will make out difference within 3-4 days... apply 3-4 times a day, helped me.. hope will help you too..:)

Had a mastectomy (single) this February and got a lift on the other side to I've got scars on one side up to under my armpit and the other side the smiley face scar o-) (but vertical). When we move in August I'll have my own "crafting" space to spread out and want to get back into this wonderful mess ;)

tschwenn, it sounds like you've been through a lot. I am glad you made it through to tell us about it -- and to soap (and balm) again!

I agree with making rosehip as one of the main ingredients. Also, might wanna look at things that can lighten the skin, like licorice root, chamomile, papaya, and bearberry.

I would be really interested in trying that too! Had a mastectomy (single) this February and got a lift on the other side to I've got scars on one side up to under my armpit and the other side the smiley face scar o-) (but vertical). When we move in August I'll have my own "crafting" space to spread out and want to get back into this wonderful mess ;)

Was previous on this board under Blue Goddess Body Care ;)

Glad your back, do you want this new account merged with the Blue Goddess Body Care ? Admin tried to find your last account and we can't find it.

That would be great :) My info was [email protected] & Blue Goddess (Teri). Just got back from fishing and am I RED! lol My last chemo was a couple weeks ago and I forgot the sun will get me worse right now - time for the SPF 50 ;)

Emu oil and mango butter are both supposed to have scar reductive properties.

I love Rosehip oil. My daughter suffered a cigarette burn in her face while on holiday (I was so upset someone just passing by did it by accident). She was just 3. I applied organic Rosehip oil twice a day for more than a year. No visible scar now.

Back