scaling up

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soapshark

Reaction score
so I've been making small batches of HP soap in a crockpot with a stick blender, and selling them to friends and family, onlinem etc. Around thanksgiving I added a second smaller crockpot and now I make 2 1/2 times the amount of soap every time. I realized I'm now spending several days a month doing multiple batches and I would love to scale up my equipment so I can make larger batches at a time.

Whats the next step up from 2 crockpots and stick blender and where do I find this equipment? I don't want to break the bank or get something gigantic - maybe if I could make 100-200 bars at a time instead of 30? :confused:

I haven't had to bump up to larger equipment yet either, but maybe you could use a mixer attachment for a hand drill and move up to a large double boiler (if you're only doing HP). I've also heard of some people using large stainless steel pots and sticking them in a heated oven to cook for HP. I still use my small crock pot for HP. I do mostly CP. I'm sure some more experieneced HPers will be along soon! Good for you getting to make so much soap!

Back