Salt bar sucks

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Simplyangelic said:
Hazel said:
Simplyangelic said:
I must admit it took me a while to 'love' salt bars, but I have to say that using one of mine after a good long cure did it for me, and I absolutely love them.
100% CO, 60%salt and 25%SF. The lather is thick and dense, not light and fluffy as you'd generally get from a normal CP bar.
I love the afterfeel of it......skin feels refreshed.

I never considered a higher SF than 20%. You don't have any problems with that high of a SF?

Hi Hazel

No, not had any problems going that high on the SF. Wouldn't go anywhere near that high for a normal CP/HP bar, but for a salt bar I've found it works really well. :D

Thanks for replying and I appreciate you sharing the tip. This is very interesting and I may have to try it in a small batch.

Starum said:
To save space in your fridge, you could keep them inside an airtight box, together with one of those little dehumidifier bags, not sure how they're called.
Have you actually used this technique? I have and can tell you NOT to do it with fresh soap. If you have tried it successfully please let us know - if it's just an "idea" please let us know that as well.

Keep in mind, please, that things stated as fact may be taken as such - particularly by people who don't know you or your background. So if it's just an idea you wish to share, or a guess based on what you do know - please state it. Statements like "in my experience" or "it might work" go a long way toward explaining where you are coming from.

If, on the other hand, you actually do have a lot of soaping experience and/or a degree in chemistry that you are actually pulling from - and your responses are based on that then I encourage you to state that as well.

I like the texture that the combination of epsom salt and kosher salts brings to the bar. That is just how i have always made it. The first time i made it I added the epsom salt by accident and have just continued to make it that way

Latest posts

Back