safe to use?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cortney

Reaction score
I made two batches of oatmeal honey soap. The first batch came out beautifully! The second batch threw up, ha! I soaped it too hot(dumb mistake) and with the addition of the honey it got even hottter. I zap tested it this morning and it passed but since much of it ended up outside the mold, I wonder if it's safe to use.

This was after it finished throwing up, it is now sunken in on itself.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thank you :)

Cortney said:
I made two batches of oatmeal honey soap. The first batch came out beautifully! The second batch threw up, ha! I soaped it too hot(dumb mistake) and with the addition of the honey it got even hottter. I zap tested it this morning and it passed but since much of it ended up outside the mold, I wonder if it's safe to use.

This was after it finished throwing up, it is now sunken in on itself.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thank you :)

I don't think it was throwing up; I think it was trying to escape the mold either to find a way back to the swamp, or to find its maker and smother her in her sleep.

But maybe that's just me.

i'm giving up on honey. IME , honey from different hives behaves differently, the finished soap isn't THAT much different than soaped sugar water. Practically every batch heaves in the mold, which is fine,but the discoloration is getting annoying.

ymmv

Latest posts

Back