round pvc mold

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaelily

Reaction score
what do you put on one end of the pvc pipe before pouring the soap in? just clear wrap and a rubberband? or a test cap and then cover with clear wrap and a rubberband?

also, do you put the mold on a square base or is that even needed? I was tempted to buy just pvc pipe and the test caps for the ends but thought I'd ask on the base first. thanks!

i put plastic, then the test cap lid thingy, then i put it in a container to help keep it upright, then i put it in a corner so it cant get bumped...

I use 4 layers of garbage bag plastic (I cut a big square and fold it. I rubber band it into place and then wrap around with duct tape. Cuz trust me, the rubber band isn't gonna cut it LOL (another lesson learned the hard way).

I will definitely get some duct tape too...I would prefer to not have to learn the hard way, lol. Thanks!

What do you put on one end of the pvc pipe before pouring the soap in?

You can buy rubber end caps QWIK-CAP at the hardware store for the round pvc pipe molds. They come with a metal screw tight band around them. I removed the metal screw band and do not use it at all.

I love the end caps…. No saran wrap… No tape… So easy to use, just pop your pipe down into it. Make sure the end cap is seated in properly before you use it. I have never had a leak before. I still do take precautions, and keep my mold in a box with a plastic bag or some sort of container, just in case there is ever a leak.

I use the plastic end cap from the hardware store. I make a round the same size out of cardboard, cover it in freezer paper and put it on the end of the cap that the soap will touch. Then I wrap the end tightly in painters tap and set it up in a shallow cardboard box. I've never had a leak past the tape.

PVC pipe molds...

I, as well would like to try the PVC pipe mold, but I don’t want the round bars.
To make the round pipe oval, I’ve heard about putting the PVC pipe in the oven at a certain temp for an hour or so and remove it, fasten it between to boards (like 2x4’s) or the like then while the pipe is still hot put in a vice and squish it down to the oval size one wants.

Has anyone tried this technique..?? Then, how does one push the soap out of the mold…??
js

I wrote every suggestion down...thanks again!!

Jerry S said:
I, as well would like to try the PVC pipe mold, but I don’t want the round bars.
To make the round pipe oval, I’ve heard about putting the PVC pipe in the oven at a certain temp for an hour or so and remove it, fasten it between to boards (like 2x4’s) or the like then while the pipe is still hot put in a vice and squish it down to the oval size one wants.

Has anyone tried this technique..?? Then, how does one push the soap out of the mold…??
js

I came across this oval pvc tutorial (Nizzy's) when I was googling pvc soap mold stuff...very informative, sounds like there could be some concerns using the oven though...the fumes.

PVC pipe molds...

I have oval pvc pipe molds that I bought years ago. With some of the molds, I don't have a problem at all getting the soap pushed through. I do have difficulty getting the soap out of the molds that are different in size from one end to the other. Make sure to put even pressure the whole length of the pipe, when forming the oval.

oval molds

I as well Silly....am having a problem with that link...may be a dead link if its been around awhile...but thanks..
There should be something out there that pertains to this.
js

The blue "tutorial" in my last post was the direct link. sorry about that :)

Latest posts

Back