Rose Clay in Salt Soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saltydog

Reaction score
Hello! You may have noticed by now that I'm a dedicated salt soap fan!

I got some really pretty medium course Himalayan Pink sea salt from BB. I was planning on using a portion of it in my soap, along with regular, fine ss, and some on top, just to look pretty.
I would love to color my salt soap the lightest of pinks with a bit of rose clay.

Does anyone see a problem with this? I really just want the pink for color, not clay benefits- I'm just not sure if the clay and salt would 'work' together.

It'll be perfectly fine- I've used rose clay in my salt soap before (for the color) and all was well. I've also used Dead Sea mud for a speckled, granite-type look in my salt soap and it also came out great.

IrishLass :)

I've done something like this! I used all finely ground Himalayan Pink Salt and tried to swirl with the rose clay. My swirl kind of failed and the rose clay made some of the bars a bit darker than I would have liked though, more of a dusty rose or mauve color. Maybe you'd have better luck with it though. I've colored other salt bars with different clays without problem.

To get the lightest pink (light like the salt), I put madder root powder in the lye solution and strained it upon adding it to the oils. That worked the best for me for getting that sweet, soft pink.

Good luck! The soap you have planned sounds like it will be beautiful!

i make pink salt bars colored with french pink or rose clay, and use both fine and course himalayan salt, they both work great. paired with a nice eo blend these are fantastic natural soaps. i sell a good amount of them to women with sensitive or mature skin, and it is just too pretty to resist no matter your skin type, imho :)

Oh, thanks to all for the replies!

I'm so excited now, gonna do it in the am.
paillo , that's so funny, i imagined them too pretty to resist! i was going to do pink grapefruit & tea tree oil. I always seem to pick very refreshing type scents for salt soaps, they just seem refreshing to me.

Irish Lass, the last few batches I've made, I've used only 25% salt because you said it was your fave. All my friends love my salt soaps, I really enjoy making them, they're so easy and i love giving them!

skyfarms, I would love to try some madder root and natural colorants soon, DD's birthday is this month so trying not to spend. I was just looking at Soap Making Resource and if you spend $100 you get a free gallon of CO! I had all natural colorants and essential oils in my cart when i got the guilts and backed out :(

I feel like I can never have too much salt soap because they take so long to cure and are good for so long, so I just keep making more :)

ha ha yeah, that's the ticket

Latest posts

Back