Resin mixer for soap making?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was looking for a silicone split cup, and run into this resin mixer. It is made to mix resin and avoid bubbles. I wonder if it could be used for soap making. Has anyone tried anything similar?
It seems smaller, and perhaps has less power (since it can be charged). Thoughts?

This looks so interesting, @glendam! I love that it can be recharged since I hate using batteries.

Do you think the material of the mixer will be lye-safe? I don't know enough about resin to know if it is similarly corrosive and thus requires similar materials for mixers, etc.

Those are good questions, I will try to find out. I was thinking though, that it may not have enough torque or speed for emulsion. However, it might still be good to mix colors. If I decide to buy it I will let you know.

Reading the reviews, someone said it didn’t work well for thick resin, and the cleaning instructions stated to wash with mild soap. I am beginning to think it is not compatible.

I was looking for a silicone split cup, and run into this resin mixer. It is made to mix resin and avoid bubbles. I wonder if it could be used for soap making. Has anyone tried anything similar?
It seems smaller, and perhaps has less power (since it can be charged). Thoughts?

If you find a good source / price for those cups, please post about it :) I have been considering these myself in the past few weeks.

@QuasiQuadrant I think I am buying the one I saw in that website. I have two that I 3D printed myself, but cleaning them is tricky. So I hope that it being made of silicone, helps make that easier.

Yes, I keep seeing ones described as 'acrylic', supposedly referring to the material they are made from. My thoughts go to exactly that: they must be a nightmare to clean. I will check the link you shared, thank you :)

I checked my local hardware store yesterday evening & they looked at me like I had been drinking when I mentioned these paint cups, showing me all sorts of other clunky things which I said NO THANKS to. They were curious, however. So maybe one day I may be able to find them locally.

Online I keep seeing these split pain cups which hold very little fluid, ridiculously small, so I am still looking. It would be nice to find some which have a slide-in, removable insert which can be easily taken out for cleaning. THAT would be worth buying.

@QuasiQuadrant agreed! An insert would be great. What I have to do if I forget to clean them right away (which has always been the case), it is to let them soak in water for several hours, then rinse and repeat. But I always need to go back with a bamboo skewer to remove what gets stuck in corners; which bugs me to see.

This popped up on my Amazon feed recently and I considered going for it, since I've never used one of these cups before. Silicone, 17oz, 5 channels. There's only one review from a soap maker, but for $14 I might just go for it

LET'S RESIN 17OZ/500ML Split Cup with Handle
https://a.co/d/hUJkTJb

This popped up on my Amazon feed recently and I considered going for it, since I've never used one of these cups before. Silicone, 17oz, 5 channels. There's only one review from a soap maker, but for $14 I might just go for it

Thank you! that’s the same one I had in my cart. It seems in their website I need to buy a minimum of $30 for free shipping, whereas in your link the shipping is included (at least with prime it seems so)

Thank you! that’s the same one I had in my cart. It seems in their website I need to buy a minimum of $30 for free shipping, whereas in your link the shipping is included (at least with prime it seems so)
You're welcome! I haven't ordered it yet, been too busy lately. I hope it works out! If you get it, let me know what you think! If I end up getting it first, I'll report in too :)

Looks like it will work. I think I would start off with a 3 split, just to get used to the technique.

Latest posts

Back