Recipe tweak to avoid soggy shower soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
soapsuds, see THIS POST regarding the soy wax in question. It includes a link to the Certificate of Analysis (see the link for the actual document.)

GW415 is partially hydrogenated according to the attached documents.

Last edited:
soapsuds, see THIS POST regarding the soy wax in question. It includes a link to the Certificate of Analysis (see the link for the actual document.)

GW415 is partially hydrogenated according to the attached documents.
Loving your new post there Earlene with the all the calcs written out - I might have to try it!
However I would like to point out that I use it in the calculator as fully hydrogenated and it works out just fine. Just wanted to write that in case any newbies can't get their head around the science.

Loving your new post there Earlene with the all the calcs written out - I might have to try it!
However I would like to point out that I use it in the calculator as fully hydrogenated and it works out just fine. Just wanted to write that in case any newbies can't get their head around the science.
Thank you, KiwiMoose. That's what I've been doing, too. But figured I'd try this since Mobjack Bay did all that research. PLUS learning a new thing about this particular lye calculator's custom oil function was a nice bonus.

Latest posts

Back