Recipe help, Liquid Glycerin

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyNaturesArt

Reaction score
Ok, so I have a ton of liquid glycerin and was wondering if anyone has tried soaping with it, its not an item listed on soap calculator so wondering if its even possible, course ANYTHING is possible..lol but how would it come out and what percentages should be tried???

Anyone want to experiment with me??

Our BDG is about 50% glycerin and 50% soft soaps. We add another 20% fatty acids or hard oils. I would guess you could use it in a similar fashion. By adding oleic acid, stearic acid, myristic acid, and lauric acid you could end up with a soap the acts like it came from coconut oil and olive oil.

It would be interesting to try...

Mix 50% of your glycerin with 50% of oleic acid. Then take 20% of that and use a mixture of stearic (or palmitic), myristic and or lauric.

I bet you could end up with a very nice transparent soap if you hot process the soap.

It would be interesting to try but I'll let you do it. :lol: I use it already but I just mix the clays with it before adding to soap.

It doesn't saponify,being a by-product of saponification anyway.It'll give soft sticky soap if you use too much.(My only ever DOS was with a 2 tabs ppo soap)I add 1 tabs ppo to one soap I make & it leaves a dewy/not quite dry feeling on the skin,then it's smooth& silky.Nice for a winter hand soap,& my mum uses it as her default shower bar but it's not for everybody. :)

I use it for my oxides, to mix them into the soap.

Latest posts

Back