Recipe feedback needed please

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Ekatherina

Reaction score
Hello everyone 😀. I am formulating new recipe with 50 percent coconut oil, because I need the soap to have a lot of coconut oil. Please could you give me your feedback on this recipe 🙏🙏

50 coconut oil
30 palm oil
4 castor oil
6 olive oil
10 grapeseed oil
10 percent superfat

Thank you so much!

shunt2011

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Why do you want a lot of coconut? It’s going to be extremely stripping to the skin. Also, grape seed oil has a short shelf life and could cause rancidity in the soap. I also don’t use less than 10% of any oil except castor and I use it at 5-7%.

Personally, I’d up the Palm and olive and castor then lower the coconut and eliminating grape seed. Coconut above 20-25% makes soap more soluble so it won’t last as long.

Ekatherina

Reaction score
Why do you want a lot of coconut? It’s going to be extremely stripping to the skin. Also, grape seed oil has a short shelf life and could cause rancidity in the soap. I also don’t use less than 10% of any oil except castor and I use it at 5-7%.

Personally, I’d up the Palm and olive and castor then lower the coconut and eliminating grape seed. Coconut above 20-25% makes soap more soluble so it won’t last as long.
Thank you for your reply. Actually I want to use coconut because I want to infuse herbs in it. I thought more coconut oil in the soap would mean it will be harder and last more.

shunt2011

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. Actually I want to use coconut because I want to infuse herbs in it. I thought more coconut oil in the soap would mean it will be harder and last more.
No, it won’t be harder nor last longer. Infuse herbs in a liquid oil. Increasing the Palm will make it harder and last longer. Higher stearic increases hardness.

Latest posts