Rebatching Goat Milk Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolladylisa

Reaction score
Good morning everyone!! I made a batch of unscented goat milk soap 2 days ago. I took it out of the mold this morning. It has a beautiful creamy color and turned out great, except for the smell!! I hate the smell of it!! My question is can I rebatch goat milk soap or will it scorch the milk? :roll:

Give it time. It's just the nature of soaping with milk sometimes. It will disappear with a good cure. I make an unscented gm soap and it does smell in the beginning. It will be great soap.

Wow I didn't even think about that!! Unfortunely I've already cut it into pieces!! So will it be ok if I just melt it back down and repour it?

Great! Thanks a bunch!! I definetly hate that I had already cut it up!! I was so happy with the color and texture!! But you're right, now I know!!! Thanks again!!

I forgot to mention I put oatmeal in this batch. This is the first time I have rebatched anything. Do you think it will turn out ok even with the oatmeal in it?

Back